“OMG, its a hidden treasure”
Review of Aennchen, Zur Lindenwirtin - CLOSED

Aennchen, Zur Lindenwirtin
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Alt-Godesberg
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We did a stop over in Bonn for one night, as it was where my husband had grew up 3 years as kid, and we were wondering town looking for a place to eat, it was a public holiday (which didn't help), but then we see this place by the corner, and it looked good, my husband checks the menu and it looks reasonable. so we go in, and the waiter was so welcoming, we were not dress for dinner, just in hiking out fit (didn't match the place), but this didn't matter to him, the decoration was great, as it had been a house of a cobbler, they had kept the old post cards from the house and displayed it, it was well done, food was EXCELLENT.... I'm salivating just thinking about what we had..... LOL..... if you ever pass by bonn, this is where you want to go. its not even expensive. We really had a good evening. Service was impeccable.

To make a reservation it is 0049(0) 228 - 312051 opening times, MO - fr 18 -24, and sa 18 - 24, sunday closed

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Good combination of quality, class and relaxed atmosphere. Staff is good. Excellent combination of style and humor. English is not a problem here. Food is good, wines are excellent.

1  Thank JanVerhagen
Reviewed 30 July 2013

As we were staying in Bonn for my friend's birthday, we decided to throw him a surprise dinner at Aennchen. Its always a bit of a gamble picking a restaurant from Trip advisor, but this time we had a very lucky hand and picked a winner. Holger Klagge helped us in every way he could via e-mail to decide on an imaginative menu ( lukewarm rabbit with asparagus and wasabi-pesto for starters for instance) and came up with matching wines. Don't expect a classy decor: it's in a bit of a lower middle class neighborhood, and it doesn't look like much from the outside. Inside however we sat in a leafy courtyard, and though the place was packed, service was very friendly and attentive. Herr Klagge even came up with specially printed menus for the occasion. We felt treated as family, and we will be back. Thanks for the memory, guys!

1  Thank Rob K
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Not sure whether it was because we were not German or we were two women or we were not part of the large group but service was poor. 3 hours 15 mins to have a three course meal, over an hour before dessert menu and only after waving of arms (and other gestures). Food was very good but staff were inattentive. We mentioned that we felt neglected but this obviously equated to "lets totally ignore them". Going to the cash register to pay was very disappointing - was this McDonalds!!! Very disilusioned with a restaurant that was meant to be sophisticated with high ratings from other customers. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Hazel D
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I echo everything that Marvelousworld wrote except my German isn't that good! My husband and I have lived here in Bonn for two years and had always thought that as famous as this restuarant is, that it would be expensive and crowded. We made reservations (a must) advising that it was my birthday over the web. To our delight it was not as expensive as we thought. And the entire setting and feeling was of a comfortable elegance.

The food was excellent; I had a vegetarian apricot and aubergine ragout and my husband had the rack of lamb. We also had starters and a wonderful dessert.

English menu upon request. They are also very patient with beginning German speakers.
We are within walking distance; we'll be back again soon!

1  Thank Bonnap