“Seafood buffet and set menu - both excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Konrad

Restaurant Konrad
Ranked #56 of 2,373 Restaurants in Cologne
Price range: US$12 - US$65
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fusing modern architecture, contemporary design and friendly service, konrad Restaurant offers an extensive international menu that includes the Breakfast at Hilton and Friday’s Boston Fish Market selection. Dine à la carte or from the buffet as our chefs preparemouthwatering dishes in the live kitchen area.Every Friday from 6:00 pm until 10:30 pm enjoy fresh seafood, fish specialties and other delicacies including starters and desserts at our Boston Fish Market buffet. Your choice of fish is freshly prepared just for you at the live cooking station.
Wiltshire, UK
“Seafood buffet and set menu - both excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

The first night we ate here we ended up with the fish buffet, which is excellent both in terms of quality and quantity. We were convinced to have this rather than the a la carte once the lovely waitress (I wish I could remember her name as she deserves a special mention), showed us what was on offer. You can even have oysters, so if, like us, you have never had one before, this is a good chance to test it and there is plenty of other seafood to wash it down with, if you are not a fan... The second night we had a 'set' three course meal. You have a choice of 3-4 dishes, which we assumed would be a slightly smaller version of the a la carte version, but that is not the case. The portions were just right and all of them delicious. The two evenings were very different, but what they had in common were the great food and excellent service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MarianneWiltshire_UK
Hilton_Cologne, Restaurant Supervisor at Restaurant Konrad, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Dear MarianneWiltshire_UK,

many thanks for your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is really a pleasure to read that you had such a wonderful time here in Cologne and in our konrad Restaurant.
We were happy that you enjoyed both evenings, although they were completely different and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for further stays with us in future.

The entire konrad Restaurant Team sends its best regards to you!

Stefan Springob - Restaurant Supervisor, konrad Restaurant

• Korean first
Gualdo Tadino, Italy
“buffet really fantastic and great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was in Cologne to work and I wanted to spend a nice evening in some restaurant.
The receptionist of the hotel where I was staying recommended this restaurant. Obviously I trusted and I was really pleased.
It was Friday night, the day in which they organize the appetizer buffet seafood, really unique.
The professionalism of the staff is to be admired, everything really perfect.
And then the pleasant surprise in the end, very low price and the quality / price ratio, the quality certainly wins ..
If you are in Cologne for business or pleasure, I recommend Konrad.

• Visited June 2013
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Restaurant Konrad, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear AlessandroIngrosso,

Thank you very much for taking your time to submit this wonderful feedback regarding our konrad restaurant.

It was a big pleasure to meet you at our Boston Fish Market and we are really happy to read that you enjoyed the food as well as the service offered.

If you are coming back to Cologne please do not hesitate contact us in order to assist you in the appropriate way.

Kind regards,

Angelo Vassallo
Restaurant Manager
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years and eaten dozens of breakfasts but never dinner. The evening fare was surprisingly good. I had the asparagus special with grilled trout. The trout was grilled perfectly and the asparagus firm. My only error was ordering 500g. Way more than was needed. I will order the 300g option in the future.

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

The chef is very creative with his seafood. The Friday seafood buffet is a feast but come really hungry. I had an appetizers of a tuna tartar one night and a lovely yellow tomato bisque with a dollop of banana cream. The salmon was served on cellophane vermicelli noodles and was the best I had my entire trip. Some of the desserts I saw were over the top. I tried the sorbet which was creamy and flavorful.

Visited April 2013
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Restaurant Konrad, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear GypsyWife,

thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our "Boston Fishmarket" and had a nice Friday evening with us.

It is always a pleasure for our executive chef to serve the freshest and best fish for our Seafood Buffet.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again to our Konrad Restaurant.

Best regards,

Katharina Scherff
Guest Relation Manager
Avalon Beach, Australia
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

Great service and food service was exceptional thanks ina
Breakfast excellent and Xmas meals great what more can I say excellent

Visited December 2012