“An OK experience, a bit disappointed as I had expected more as it is well reviewed here”
Review of Beirut

Beirut
Ranked #15 of 2,413 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I went here with high expectations according to the many great reviews on tripadvisor. The food was OK, but I missed that certain something. When your have traveled to the middle east, you will find great food. But not in this restaurant. There was just this shortages of spices and what could have made eating here a unique experience.

I stared with the 10-starter-items. Two of them were good, the cheese pastry and the Hommous, the rest just a bit boring. The main course (half of a partly deboned chicken) was nothing to be proud of.

Service and location were OK.

The coffee was great though.

A bit sad, the venue certainly has potential, but it seems is has become a bit too complacent.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Quality AND quantity”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Excellent authentic Lebanese cuisine for a very low price. The vegetarian starter platter was stunning and included all of the classics in vast quantity for two diners, all at a modest price.
The barbecued chicken kebabs were succulent, infused with citrus, spices and grilled to perfection allowing for a taste bud bombardment. This was coupled with generous helpings of fresh salad and mild, fragrant garlic paste.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Zak A
italia
“F A N T A S T I C!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Only one word: FANTASTIC!
I will not explain my experience conn Beirut. You have to find out for yourself ....... and you will not be disappointed

Visited July 2013
1 Thank morrissey66
Cologne, Germany
“Best lebanese I have ever had”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Lebanese is my favourite cuisine, and I have tried many, many restaurants all over the world, even in places like jordon where the food should be most authentic, but I have to say this restaurant just wins me over every time. It has the best chicken I have had cooked in any way (schiesh taok), so very tender and full of flavour, served with a dellicous garlic puree (thom) and everything is served with lovely bread until you can eat no more! Brilliant value and a huge variety. Love the staff, and on occasion they have been known to bring out a little mint tea on them, or a pudding to share. Can't recommend it more

• Visited July 2013
Cologne, Germany
“Wonderful food!!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We live nearby and have walked past it loads of times without trying it out.
Finally, on recommendation from a colleague, we tried it.
I can't believe what we've been missing all this time!

Wonderful food, good service, nice atmosphere.

We shared a falafel starter - just as well. 6 Falafel and a load of salad.
Main course, my wife had the starter platter which consisted of 10 different starters. It sounds a massive amount but was a good size, not too much.
I tried one of the lamb kebab dishes with rice.

Everything was excellent, very tasty indeed.

The lebanese beer was also nice.

We both tried a puff pastry dessert. Very small but they are cheap also so no problem there.

I ended the evening with a lebanese coffee. VERY strong!!!

We will both definitely be back here!

• Visited June 2013