Often the temptation when booking a hotel is to stay with the tried and tested, in a chain name that comes with certain expectations and implicit levels of service. Being a small independent operation the Domspitzen did not offer this security, but proved to be a good value for money option in the end.
The good points were, in no particular order
- hugely friendly and welcoming staff
- a great central location just a couple of minutes walk from the Dom and the main train station
- Quiet rooms with very little outside noise
- Welcoming cake left in the room for your arrival, and small chocolates and jelly sweets at reception to help yourself to
- A wonderful and intricate breakfast encompassing a variety of meats, cheeses, cereals, breads and many other intriguing titbits. Scrambled or fried eggs with bacon were also available on request
- The ability to leave your bags at the end of the stay
- Very good standards overall, nice decor and immaculate cleanliness
The areas that weren't perfect, but you would not really expect at this price were, again in no real order
- A tiny bathroom that really was a squeeze, and was quite uncomfortable. The shower was lovely and powerful though
- In a double room the two beds were pushed together, with two separate sheets. This may just have been the room but is worth highlighting for others
- No iron or ironing board in the room. I didn't need one so am unaware how easy this would have been, but it is something I thought may be on offer even in a budget hotel
- Only two plug sockets, including the Tv
- Poor provision of lights which meant that the room was a bit too dark at times, and not the easiest to organise your belongings in
- A small, and whilst minimal cost, slightly galling "city tax" to pay on departure. I recognise they must charge this but wondered if it could have been wrapped into the cost?
These were minor quibbles though, and the overriding memory is of a well located and clean hotel, with wonderfully friendly service and a breakfast you will not beat at that price. I would certainly return and think the hotel will only improve, given the clear desire to treat their customers well
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Domspitzen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.