“Good chinese restaurant right across Dom...”
Review of Peking am Dom

Peking am Dom
Ranked #390 of 2,498 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This time, I would like to share my dining experience in this restaurant earlier this year (January 2013). I went there with a bunch of people (7 people including me myself) during a cold evening in Cologne. We were ordering eight different dishes and I would say, they were all good. All I could remember we were ordering 3 portions of crispy duck (it was delicious) - I forgot the rests

However, the restaurant was quite old and I believe they should invest their money by renovating the restaurant's interior in order to keep their loyal customers coming back but the service and food quality was awesome. What made this restaurant special was the fact that it was located within 3 minutes walk from Dom and/or Cologne main train station (Haubtbahnhof).

One tip : Select the table by the window so that you would get a good view of Dom while you are eating.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Excellent location, good food and value but pretty run down decor. For such a great location this place should look more representative then it will be even better

Reviewed 21 February 2013

After walking around the Dom and doing some shopping we were hungry and stopped in for Chinese food, on the floor above the McDonald's - an interesting juxtaposition I thought. The place had the slightly worn air of an established eatery, but the service was excellent. There was more food than we were expecting - the duck lunch was more than ample and cooked to perfection - and the Kolsh beer went down nicely as well ... we were too full for dessert although we had thought to try the fried bananas.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Ate at this restaurant on our last evening in Cologne and opted for a set meal for two. We felt it was a good sign to see quite a few Chinese people eating in the restaurant.

We started with the hot and sour soup and then had a selection of spicy dishes comprising prawns, chicken and beef, egg fried rice and finishing with a sweet and jasmine tea. I had two Chinese beers and my husband had an extra pot of jasmine tea. Although all the food was tasty it was nothing out of the ordinary, hence the 3 stars. The meal turned out to be the most expensive we had had during our 5 days' stay in Cologne (costing us around £75) but not the best by any means. Nothing to complain about and we may have been better ordering single dishes from the menu rather than a set menu. However the service was excellent.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Came across this chinese after looking around for somewhere to eat, its upstairs a McDonalds and next to a fusion overpriced chinese restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised, i had duck and my friend had sweet and sour pork. The service is attentive and food was great, regular priced.