Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport
Hilton Cologne(Cologne)
US$147
US$128
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$74
  • Breakfast included
US$127
Hotels.com
US$105
US$86
  • Room Service
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttletwo double bedswaiter juanmini gyman early flightlate arrivalminute drivebath showerspecial thanksrooms are cleani highly recommend this hotelroom was largeone night staysmall barnice staybusiness trip
Reviewed 13 April 2014

my room was break and i lost a lot of money, somehow the thief have the master key to break into my room, so becarefull of your belonging... my friend also lost a lot of money... in the same day. the room was quite big, but lack of security, people can access all floor without card room, they have no security camera in the coridor as well so its hard to find the thief....

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank godfath3r
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was on business in Cologne and stayed here. The room was clean and fairly comfortable. The bar area was nice for an airport bar, but by biggest issue was the internet charges. Even just charging for internet in a hotel nowadays seems absurd; but in this case it was €10 for 24 hours. I had to get it so I could do some work on my work laptop, but when I wanted to go to the bar later in the evening with my iPad and catch up on the news, etc, I was told I'd have to pay another €10 to have wifi on that?

It just left a very negative taste in the mouth. and as a result I'd defiantly avoid the hotel when I'm back in Cologne next month.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had to ask the visitor advice booth the location of the phone to call for the shuttle bus. I then waited at the pick up are for over 20 minutes and the driver was obviously surprised to be picking up 2 people so I suspect my request had got lost.
The receptionist was not very customer focussed, with no information about meals, breakfast or wi-fi.
The room was very basic, I would compare it to budget hotels which charge less than £50 per night. The only complimentary toiletry provided was soap, the towels were thin and one was obviously marked. The shower was difficult to access and slightly dangerous to exit. The airconditioning did not work and the room started at a balmy 24C and cooled to 23C after 4 noisy hours of use. I dread to think how hot the room could be in summer.
The room was apparantly soundproofed, and while this was partially true, as I could not hear my neighbours I was kept awake by external noises.
Tea and coffee making facilities were available, but only one t-bag, but luckily I brought my own.
Wide range of UK TV channels available.
Breakfast was OK, but again it was an extra luxury item! The range was basic compared to other hotels in Germany. There were references to regional produce but nothing was identified. There are several local specialities which I have had at other hotels within 50km and these were not available. The range of bread was very limited at 7.45, so unsure how frequently it was being replenished or if they had already run out. However the range of teas was good. This was the only positive thing about my entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

a little old, and a little tired looking but does the job perfectly.. very helpful staff.. its only a 6 minute walk to airport terminal, but they still have a shuttle bus every 6 or 7 minutes.... cheap, clean and great location

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank liamt2
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am increasingly annoyed by hotel managers who are severely lacking respect of their customers, in that they do not acknowledge that for many, a hotel room is simply an office. This must obviously be particularly true for hotels at airports, of which this is one.

So how can one think that internet access is an extra? To add insult to injury, to not even offer wireless at all in the hotel rooms, not even at an additional fare? On top of that, not even the - hugely expensive - net connection in the lobby worked: It generated an error message: "Please try again later. Temporary service problem with clearing house (9100)". Here is another business idea: Make the bed an extra. Or the shower.

On top of that, the hotel was run down (surprising), awkward, and loud (admittedly not too surprising and acceptable at an airport).

I will not return. Please. Do your homework.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business