“Helpful staff and good location”

Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport
Ranked #13 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location close to the airport, without too much noise from aircraft. The reception staff were professional and very helpful when I needed to return my hire car to the airport. The room was clean and a good size.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dutymanagercgnge, Front Office Manager at Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Sirs,
thank you very much for your nice comments. We really appreciate this and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards
Dorothee Meyer

Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you need to stay at the airport, you will find a nice, clean room, good Internet service, a cozy bar and good breakfast. The airport shuttle will pick you up from the baggage claim and take you a few minutes to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dutymanagercgnge, Leiter Front Office at Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you very much for your nice comments!
Hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Let me know, if I can assist you with a reservation.
Kind regards
Dorothee Meyer

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This message is a complain. I arrive with my family into the airport around 1:30 in the morning. My two kids 1.5 and 4 years old kids, sleeping. In the reservation I asked for a shuttle, and I pointed out that i had the kids wit me. again, I called from Greece to confirm that there was no problem and that they will have the proper car chairs. Again when I called from the airport there was any problem. the shuttle arrived with a boozer for the older(completely inappropriate, but ok) but nothing for the little. a sing us to do something unsafe, but illegal. we now spend the night, as no one has car seats, in the airport. I willow post this in all the typical booking agencies to show that you are liars, and do not care about childs. I will still call tomorrow and request complete refund.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Miguel T
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Oh boy cheap no wifi in rooms and very expensive , but that's been said already. I ran my finger along some decorative trim and came away with a dusty dirty finger Ben the trim was clean after I did it. It's in middle of nowhere so expensive hotel food is the only thing, a good breakfast buffet.
Just very dirty yuck

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dale M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed here for the night. Rooms were nice enough, clean and I slept well. Staff were quite rude and snapped a lot. When I went down for breakfast there were no staff by the entrance as I waited so I took a seat and one of the waitresses snapped at me and said what is your room number, I was served a cold coffee too so took a sip and just left. Wifi is none existent in rooms and only available in the lobby area if you pay for it. One good thing in the restaurant is that the food is very nice for lunch and dinner.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Coxy07
Reviewed 10 May 2014

They cancelled my reservation since I did not show up by 6pm. The room is available at 3pm, so you have a 3 hour window to show up or your room is cancelled. They say this is because the room was not reserved with a credit card (I did not handle my reservation), but in the reservation confirmation they do not mention 6pm or any other time that would result in a cancellation. I asked the receptionist and she confirmed that indeed the reservation confirmation did not mention that the room would be cancelled at 6pm, and she said "it's hard to explain since it's written in German" (I can read German pretty well, and I knew the confirmation did not say that a no-show by 6pm would result in a cancellation), and "here in Germany it is standard practice to cancel at 6pm". An apology rather than fake excuses would have gone a long way. The hotel was full but luckily two guests checking in heard the story and they let me have one of their rooms for my night of stay.
Also, one of the points of the hotel is to be really close to the airport, and the shuttle service going back and forth from the airport. The hotel says there's a cabin in the terminal from which to call the hotel shuttle. Well, good luck finding it: I could not, and ended up having to use a regular pay phone (and you better have change at hand, since the D-Telecom pay phone would not take a U.S. credit card I had used everywhere in Germany during the previous week).
Internet is not included (or at least, it wasn't in my (very high) rate), and its 6-10 euros (or more, depending on service), but for 10 euros "business service" it was far slower than my home wireless connection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mmaggion
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

...like in middle age. No wi fi in the rooms, difficult to connect in the lobby and very expensive

Kitchen closes at 22:00 (SHARP)

Big rooms

No worth the expense

Good restaurant but no room service

Expensive parking place

What shall I write more? Go somewhere else!!

GM

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Giorgio M
Travellers also viewed these Cologne hotels
Lindenthal
Hyatt Regency Cologne
#4 of 261 in Cologne
Hilton Cologne
#23 of 261 in Cologne

Been to Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport

Address: Waldstr. 255, 51147 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Region: Germany > North Rhine-Westphalia > Cologne
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#9 Luxury Hotel in Cologne
Price Range: £72 - £334 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leonardo Hotel Cologne Bonn Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Koln/Bonner Flughafen Hotel Cologne