The twofold of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction.
In the Best Western Cologne Germany it is nothing but disappointment.
First I would like to start with a brief presentation: I've chosen this hotel to try something new, explore another hotel brand, unfortunately it was a HUGE mistake.
1. Reservation made by travel agency website, no problem so far, however on my email regarding recommendation for some restaurant I've got very negative reply. Basically I have been offered to go to some Mexican taco bar (yes naturally I came to Cologne to try some Mexican food:-)). Also I have sent an email regarding the fact of celebrating my birthday - no reply provided by the hotel at ALL.
2. The location of the hotel : next to the main train station, small restaurant and the bar.
Staff visible for guest on Saturday afternoon 2 receptionist and 1 bartender.
No bell boy
No clean carpet in the reception
No eye contact
Feeling of negative attitude from employees.
Huffing and puffing is the normal thing and sort of the routine there.
No door service.
Public areas were dusty and smell badly
3. Check in experience.
I was kept in the Queue.
No genuine smile and appropriate greeting.
No eye contact with the guest.
No acknowledging of the guest within 10 min.
No apology for waiting.
No offers to join Best Western Loyalty program.
No information about the location of the room.
No information about hotel facilities.
No demonstration of comprehensiveness product knowledge etc.
No upgrade provided.
No double bed provided (even that I asked for it)
No pre-registration provided.
Receptionist did not use the sentence ... Welcome to the ... Hotel... My name is ... How can I assist you....
No term ...Sir .... provided.
No reconfirmation about the reservation, room type , departure date, or rate
Given key card was open to the public, No Privacy provided.
Summary of the check in:
As my expectations are not that high as it would be in the 5 star hotel, I would expect some more attention from 4 star brand. Check in made by female around 30 y.o. Blond hair, with the name tag Ayala, manager on duty Herr Behrens.
The check in was not efficient, no interest in the guest was shown at all.
Room very small below the standard.
No welcoming letter provided.
No room service menu in the room
No minibar, instead point of purchasing on the corridor available 24/24 with simple snacks in it.
2 single beds.
Hair in the bath present.
No bulb in the lamps next to the bed.
No housekeeping service available 24 h
No housekeeping service during the weekend, your room will be cleaned only on request.
No sheet down or refreshment service.
No pillow menu
No newspaper offer.
No envelop in the room.
No special towels.
No complementaries such us : shampoo, conditioner, hand towels, etc
No bathrobe. Btw the receptionist did not know what bathrobe is.
No technical department available during a weekends.
Fax was not delivered.
Message left on the reception was not delivered.
Only wake up call was received.
No business facilities available, however Internet was for free.
It is really disgusting when the huge company like Best Western trying to save money by not providing the housekeeping service during the weekends or just having one general housekeeper on request available till 22.
This is such a coming thing in the Germany when hotels make cuts on such important details like housekeeping, concierge or door service. The staff doesn't use your name having a conversation, they don't care about you.
5.Check out experience.
Made by female.
No welcoming sentence ...good morning sir.... How can I assist you....
No face to face contact
No verification of the Guest details, which caused misunderstanding regarding billing. As a fact they tried to charge me for 1 extra night.
No offer to order a taxi.
No question about the stay.
Overall, I think that the rate I paid was absolutely irrelevant to the quality of the stay. Cologne is a wonderful city, but to enjoy it you really have to choose your hotel carefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 131 rooms at our Cologne hotel enjoy a comfortable and modern design. Sound-proof windows and air conditioning ensure perfect sleeping comfort. Our hotel guests have free WiFi internet access in the entire hotel. Relax in the hotel bar with a cool "Kölsch" beer or a sparkling cocktail. The WYNDHAM Köln 's summer terrace is the perfect place to socialise in the summer months. The WYNDHAM Köln is located at the heart of the city, across from the Cathedral and central railway station. Cologne, the fascinating Rhine metropolis: 2000 years of rich history, gathering ground for people from around the globe, home to a vibrant art and culture scene of Cologne and extensive shopping miles, with a picturesque historic district and the trade fair grounds - all within just a few minutes' walking distance. In summer you can enjoy the view from the hotel terrace at the heart of Cologne while the city's night life pulsates outside. Relax with a cool Kölsch beer or a sparkling cocktail in the hotel bar "Le Perron" or on the terrace. Our hotel rooms are ideal for business travellers and visitors planning a short trip to Cologne. Our hotel's comfortable beds ensure a good night's sleep and tempt every guest to have a lie-in. The free WiFi internet connection in the rooms keeps you in touch with your colleagues, friends and family at any time of the day or night. All rooms are equipped with a desk, telephone, flatscreen TV and a safe deposit box. A free bottle of mineral water is on hand as refreshment. A kettle and a selection of teas & coffees provide you a relaxed start to the morning at the WYNDHAM Köln. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Koeln reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points Hotel Cologne
- Four Points Cologne
- Sheraton Cologne
- Cologne Sheraton
- Cologne Four Points