Dom Hotel Koeln
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Staying with this hotel was a really nice experience, not only was it a landmark hotel with an extremely good location but the hotel itself was very luxurious. I stayed in one of the executive rooms with two balconies overlooking the side view of the Dom Cologne and direct view of the museums.

The lobby was large luxurious and spacious as were the bedrooms, the bedrooms were decorated very tasteful and everything you needed. What I didn’t like was that room service was very late at time, normally the rooms were not made until late in the day and the mini bar was changed late in the evening. However the mini bar was for free. When I complained now only did the refill the bar of what I normally drank but as an apology they displayed a box chocolates and a fresh bowl of fruit in the room.

The food was really nice especially the breakfast, there was a situation that when we missed breakfast my mistake, they .laid out breakfast in the lounge for us twice the amount we asked for. But really good service.

There was no fitness or swimming pool but they did have a contract with two of the gyms where you can use their services at a discount prices, one of the gyms was Holmes place which I knew and is a very luxurious fitness centre in cologne for high end customers, complete with a spa, swimming pool, wellness area and gym.

The location was superb both close to the main train and bus station and very close to all the shops. This hotel is in the heart of cologne and a hotel that I have now pre booked my cologne stays with.

Overall, a wonderful luxurious landmark hotel with professional and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank euroboyde
DomHotel, General Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2009

Dear euroboyde,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved.

Concerning the room service we always try to clean up all rooms in the morning. I am sorry when this was not done during your stay. But be assured that requests at our front office for making the room and refilling the minibar the earliest possible will always be tried to meet.

I am also happy to read that you consider our food, especially our breakfast as really nice. For sure I will forward your comments to our staff to thank them for the good service!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am looking forward to welcome you again to our hotel your next time in Cologne and please feel free to contact us directly at any time if there is anything we can assist with.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

We arrived by train to the awesome site of the Dom Cathedral. After getting a Starbucks
at the train station we proceeded to walk to the other side of the Cathedral to find the
hotel, (which also had a starbucks nearby. ) The hotel staff spoke very good English,
were very friendly and helpful. Beds are not heavenly (but this isn't a Sheraton) but are
certainly comfortable. The only downside is the chuch bells that ring all night long and
ring about 5 minutes around 7AM, but it is worth it for the location. The very helpful
doorman at the hotel referred us to the Beer Gardens on the opposite side of the hotel,
Friih Am Dom, it was so much fun, good food and good beer. Cologne was so much fun,
lots of shopping and food within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel as their
staff is so friendly, the hotel is very clean and beautiful. Starbucks do not take Starbucks cards here. Internet is $24 euros for 24 hrs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheslyon
DomHotel, General Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

Dear Sheslyon,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the ideal location of our hotel and that you were pleased by the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.

We are sorry for the fact that you got woken up by the cathedral bells. But you will understand that we are not able to offer this wonderful location just one step away from the beautiful church and completely silent rooms. The 24 ton Bell of St. Peter" - "Dicke Pitter" in the Kölsch dialect - was cast in 1922 and is the largest free-swinging bell in the world. But should you have the opportunity to come back and stay in our hotel we would be pleased to reserve you a room on the opposite side of the cathedral where bells can hardly be heard.

We would be happy to welcome you again! In the meantime, please feel free to contact us directly at any time.

Reviewed 29 July 2009

We stayed four nights in early July and very much enjoyed are stay and room which faced the Dom. The room was your typical German spotless clean, the sofa bed was prepared on arrival for my son,the front desk staff was very helpful and the location can't be better. If arriving by car, I would suggest parking somewhere near the Dom and then walking to the hotel first for info. The parkade parking turned out to be quite close and was reachable through the hotels basement exit. 18Euro per night. The breakfast was not as good as other Le Meridiens we have stayed at and the staff seemed to be more focused on the business types than the tourist families, we experienced this twice. If looking for a restaurant, I would highly suggest Peters Brauhaus.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Finkel1
DomHotel, General Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2009

Dear EdmontonFritz,

I am grateful that you have spent a pleasant stay with us in Cologne! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to share your nice comments regarding our rooms, our staff and the location. Besides, be assured that I will share your feedback regarding the breakfast and the service you experienced with all the team.
I sincerely do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at Le Méridien Dom Hotel. Please feel free to contact us directly in order to make your next booking or if there is anything further that we can assist you with.

Kind regards,
Juergen Sziegoleit

P.S.: I agree with you regarding Peters Brauhaus. It is one of the most traditional restaurants with typical food from Cologne in just 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel in the old part of Cologne.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

I stayed here for three nights during July. Although I had a little difficulty finding it because of construction, the gentleman who answered the hotel phone was super helpful and very friendly when I called to clarify directions. I ended up parking in the Parkhaus am Dom, section C1. The hotel has a door from this area of the garage. I met the same gentleman moments later after I arrived at the front desk and he greeted me in the same wonderful manner. I was speedily checked-in and sent to my room. With my room key, I was also provided a print-out of my SPG account balance and a letter from the hotel manager wishing me a warm welcome and encouraging me to review the hotel here, on TripAdvisor. The room itself was moderately sized with a sitting area, all tastefully decorated. The tv was older (not a flat screen) but all other conveniences looked brand new. The bathrom was set up in a slightly odd manner (see picture) but was nothing of consequence. The toilettries provided were of high quality and the food from the restaurant was delicious. Housekeeping staff were also very friendly and flexible to my odd schedule. And as mentioned in most other reviews, the location really is unbeatable. My room did not look onto the Dom itself, but I did enjoy a view of multiple cafes and shops adjacent to the Dom Cathedral. Overall, I left with that warm, fuzzy feeling.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank rileigh15
DomHotel, General Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2009

Dear rileigh15,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience.

I was delighted to read your comments and to hear that you were satisfied with our services and our staff to whom I will surely forward your feedback. This always helps to motivate us to do even more to make our guests feel comfortable and overall satisfied.

I am sorry about the fact that you were assigned a room with an older TV. Usually all our rooms are equipped with flat screens. During the last months we had to exchange some TVs because there were some that got broken. We are presently installing new flat screens so that during your possibly next stay in our hotel you will be surely enjoying one of our new flat TVs with the latest technology.
Our rooms do have mostly the same furniture but there are some bathrooms designed in a different manner than the room you stayed in. Should your travel plans allow you to come back to Cologne I would be more than happy to show you a room with another bathroom design you perhaps would like more.

I would be delighted to welcome you again in the Le Méridien Dom Hotel. Whenever there is anything we can do for you here in Cologne, please feel free to let us know any time.

Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed at the Dom Hotel for two nights during the Festival of Lights and the Formula One race in Nuhrburgring. The location is superb. It is on the same square as the magnificent Koln Cathedral. The staff was very warm welcoming and kind. If you are really lucky, you will be welcomed by the incredibly friendly, yet extremely professional Moritz Klocker. From the lovely piano music in the lounge to the relaxing terrace outside the first floor rooms, the Dom Hotel manages to combine small hotel warmth in a big city town. Only suggestion I would make is that they put clocks in the rooms. If you stay here, bring a watch.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaKnoxville
DomHotel, General Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2009

Dear LisaKnoxville,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion regarding your stay at the Dom Hotel. I am very delighted to hear that you have spent an amazing stay with us! Be assured that this kind of motivation will be shared with our team and engages them even more to provide the best possible experience to our guests.

I sincerely do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you once again.
In regards to your suggestion to install clocks in our rooms, we are always pleased to receive feedback of our guests in order to think of new ideas and improvements.

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact us directly if there is anything further that we can assist you with.