“Good Stay”

Lindner Hotel City Plaza
Ranked #28 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my sister. The hotel is modern and clean. It is central and approx 15 minute walk to the train station and 10 minutes to all the lovely shops and the Christmas markets. There are plenty dining options within a 5 minute walk. The only complaint I have is I prepaid for the entire stay through a third party booking site. When I went to check out they tried to charge me again. I explained I had prepaid but they said they had no record of that and were slightly rude. They took my credit card details and said they'd look into it and allowed me to check out. I never heard from them again but thankfully was not charged a second time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Lindner City P, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Lindner Hotel City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you and your sister for your stay with us last year. It's great to learn that you did enjoy our services, the location and Cologne itself. Furthermore we do apologize for any misunderstandings concerning the prepayment of your booking and that you felt the situation has been carelessly handled. We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you this year again. Best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

There are newer reviews for Lindner Hotel City Plaza

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Good little hotel, with great location close to the metro and lots of places to eat. Bed was comfortable and room was cozy. Breakfast seemed a bit pricey for what it was and service was not exactly helpful at times I called them to get my bill (when I got back to the states) and the woman didn't seem very enthused and tried to get me off the phone quickly. She said that she would "try and work on it" the next day and it's been a week and I haven't received it. (Luckily, I found the original one...)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback and of course for staying with us. We loved to learn that you enjoyed your stay, our offers and the location of the hotel. Additonally we do apologize for the worse service and the inconveniences you experienced when asking for a copy of your invoice. We will intensify our staff trainings in order to avoid such uncomfortable situations in the future. Again thank you for giving us the information. Best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was the second hotel I stayed in for Gamescom and much better than the first. It's a medium size business/ groups hotel but it is pleasant, updated and has helpful, friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mihai123

Dear guests,
Thanks a lot for your visit at the Lindner Hotel City Plaza during the GAMESCOM and for your positive rating. We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and that you had a great, successful time at the show. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you again. Best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

€12 a day for WIFI is way too expensive. Food I had at the bar was great, but would be nicer to be sitting in the restaurant. Unfortunately it was closed off the evening for a group. The next morning the restaurant was partly closed off as well to accommodate a group again. Biggest let-down was when I checked out after breakfast and grabbed a coffee to go. I love the idea of offering this to people who are in a hurry, but cold coffee at 7:15 is just ridiculous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Lindner City P, Guest Relations Manager at Lindner Hotel City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Bente,
Thanks a lot for your stay with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We noted your critizism concerning cold coffee-to-go and do apologize for this mistake. We loved your feedback concerning the great food. Of course it always could happen that the restaurant is fully booked by a group or because of individual reservations and we are sorry that you were disappointed about that. But we hope you also enjoyed the atmosphere in our Conventum Bar.
Thanks again and have a great day. Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Good hotel, best location but unhelpful in a critical moment: I stayed there 5 days in June after booking via 'HOTELS.COM.' internet site. On the 4th day I was suddenly told to pay for breakfasts (24 euro each). It was a great surprise because during travels I always take 'Bed and Breakfast' deals, and the 'HOTELS.COM' did not say anything concerning excluding breakfasts. The Lindner hotel refused to admit that the Internet Site is their 'Commercial Front' for foreigners and insisted on being paid. The only thing the (polite) girls of the reception could say (after consulting with Management for a whole day, and which never was seen in the front) was: "Pay! and if you have complaints - send them to the agent that booked you our hotel " [as if Ilive around the corner and not a tourist. So I had to pay. conclusion: unreliable agent, indifferent hotel, maybe operating together. Think twice before entering this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gil g
Lindner City P, Guest Relations Manager at Lindner Hotel City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Gil,
We'd like to thank you again for your stay with us and for taking the time to inform us on your opinion. We are happy that we already clearified this issue and hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a good hotel, with international hotel layouts in the rooms (you know the kind, bathroom on the left, double bed with TV, etc), albeit more imaginatively decorated than most. It is well situated for restaurants and bars and is close to the historical city centre. Breakfast is Euros 25, I recall, but is a really good spread of continental and British. Wifi was an outlandish 15 Euros or there abouts. Underground parking is around 25 Euros overnight. If there is other parking available then it wasn’t apparent. There is a small basement pool and gym which are reasonably well equipped, but do have a slight “annex to the garage” feel about them. For the price of the room this was good value. So in summary this is a good choice to stay in Cologne, if slightly bland and expensive on the extras.

Room Tip: 5th floor overlooking the canopy of trees in the central courtyard was nice and with less road noise...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your stay with us and for taking the time to inform us about your experience. We read your comments carefully. Currently we do refurbish our Wellness area and would be happy to present you soon the beautiful changes - although the area is still at the same location. Thanks again and best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The standard of the room was fine and the front desk very helpful and smiling. The pool in the basement looked really fine and the fitness equipment is in a good condition.

I am really wondering why WiFi seems to be considered a luxury service in some hotels and free of charge standard in others. To my opinion internet connection is established in all cities and the cost for driving that is absolutely a minimum. So, why not include that in the room instead of annoying the guests with this extra relatively high amount of money for a commodity service that now a days is expected to be free...?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Esben_DK
Lindner City P, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Lindner Hotel City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Esben,
Thanks a lot for your stay with us and for your very honest feedback. We are happy to learn of your positive rating and did forward your kind comments within our team, especially to our front desk ladies. We also noticed your hint concerning the Wlan costs and do understand your request to get this service generally free of charge. Actually we cannot offer this service complimentary to all guests or room types but in our First Class room category WLan is already included, as well as the use of the First Class Lounge or parking (special events excepted). Next time please ask about this room category. Thanks again and best regards, Liane Ruebenach, Guest Relations Manager.