“Great beds and good location!”

Lindner Hotel City Plaza
Ranked #26 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I like Renaissance Hotels because they have these extremely comfortable beds! The room is a bit small but big enough for us. Everything is in very good condition but you can see that the bathroom would need a renovation. but don't misunderstand me: everything is clean and works fine.

the parking in cologne is definitely a big problem because there's no free parking. the parking in the hotel costs 25€ per day but the parking lot across the street costs just 12€ per day. if i remember right the parking spaces in front of the hotel (by the street) were free of charge on working days past 7pm (Monday-Saturday) and the full Sunday and public holidays.

we ordered some desserts from the room service and good two glasses of orange juice free of charge. nice!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2010

I booked this hotel via Priceline, where it is ranked as a 5 star property.
Well, it is not 5 star level. Location is excellent, service is good, very friendly reception, fitness and pool are ok. However rooms are old fashioned. All rooms i styed in are old fashioned, have an old and small TV, are generally small and have no Safe. I stayed in both types of rooms: regular and club level. Club level is on 5th and 6th floor, offers enhanced bathroom amenities and Ironing board. However, even the enhanced rooms are notup to 4 star standard. Regular rooms are maximum 3 star standard. Air condition works ok. All rooms offer instant coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

I gave 4 points for the excellent location (for nightlife!) and the friendliness of the staff.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Stayed for two nights as an opportunity to explore Cologne. Slightly disappointed as hotel lobby looked a little tired. Rooms small and bathroom very small and dated. Very much felt four star not the five star we had booked. That said rooms were clean and staff, esp resturant staff were very good. Food excellent. Well worth booking the breakfast as part of our rate esp as it was served from 06:00 till 11:00! As recommended by oothers already parking in the multi story directly opposite the hotel was very convenient and cost €12 per 24 hour as opposed to the €25 per 24 hours charged to stay in hotel car park. Good location as although its right on a main road and views are poor its also close to the underground and lots of cafes and shops. Would be more then happy to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed at the Renaissance Cologne for 3 nights after a short stay at their Zurich Hotel.,

Reception gave me a very warm welcome and allocated me a room facing the courtyard on teh 1st floor. I normally prefer a higher floor, but was assured that this was a nice quiet room. It was.! However , due to trees outside , it was a little too dark for me so i asked to be moved the next day to a higher floor. This was not a problem at all and my luggage was moved to my new room on my return to the hotel after a mornings sightseeing.

The room itself was perfectly adequate, clean comfortable bed, nice bathroom and quiet. All that i needed.

Location wise, its only a 10 minute walk or so to the city centre. However, the hotel is located moments away from a metro station which will whisk you to the centre in no time at all. There are also many cafes, shops and even a cinema on your doorstep.

I would certainly return if I was able to secure a great deal again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hemikiwi
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We booked this hotel at a good rate, and we were put in the rooms at the end of the hall on 2nd floor. The room was adjacent to a street with nightclubs, so if you're a light sleeper, avoid the rooms on that side at all cost, because the partying went on till 5 am.

Other than that the rooms were fine, with proper amenities. TV is old, though. The shower hardly had hot water, that was a big disappointment. Bed was good.
All in all a decent experience, but I have to say I was happy that we got this room at a good discount!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Panda1974
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My wife and I were attached to a school choir who were staying at this hotel and having been let down by a restaurant, we arrived with a group of some 60 people wondering whether the hotel could produce something for us to eat late at night.
The staff were fantastic and in particular one young waitress who could not do enough for us. We were given a superb meal and I cannot recommend the Renaissance highly enough.

Reviewed 4 June 2010

I was part of a school tour of children (aged 9-14), their parents and 10 of my colleagues.
Great rooms, polite and helpful staff, lovely atmosphere and delicious food.
We were let down by a restuarant in Cologne and came back to the hotel at approx 8.30pm (on a Sunday night!) We asked if there was any possibility of the hotel feeding 60 people at short notice - there was only one waitress on duty, and she, and the chef, were absolutely superb - it was not a problem at all! Occassionally one of the bar staff would pop in to help. I take my hat off to the young waitress as she managed to keep a smile on her face and stayed completely calm thoughout a potentially stressful evening.
I would highly recommend this hotel and it's staff.