“Good stay”

Ranked #56 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night whilst on business. Hotel arrival was late, but check in fast and efficient. Ate at the Chinese next door, and had a drink in the bar.
Breakfast was OK, and checkout easy. Staff very helpful and spoke perfect English. No hesitation in recommending this HI Express.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdVisor.com. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments and I will forward it to my Staff.

We look forward to welcome you in our hotel, when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf next time.

Best regards
Hotelmanager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Used it for a 1 night stay during business trip - conveniantly located close to high - friendly reception staff - good breakfast buffet with fair choice - clean rooms - parking lot can be challenging if many cars due proximity of restaurant in same building - various places to eat in walking distance - gasstation nearby

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments and I will forward it to my Staff.

Best regards
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel just before Christmas 2013, I was happy with the room, big enough for the two of us, it was clean and everything worked as it should do, good reception on the wifi for a change. We were overlooking the garage but didn't find it too noisy.
Breakfast was the usual affair of cold meats, cereals, eggs etc.
We only met reception staff and they were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us a statement on our website to tell us about your positive experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Cologne-Troisdorf.

We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf the next time.

Kindest Regards
Northampton
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stopped here en-route from Austria to the UK. We booked a family room - 3 adults and 1 child. Unfortunately my daughter broke her wrist on the last day of our holiday which caused her a fair amount of discomfort especially when sleeping. The room we were given was tiny! We had 1 double bed and a pull out sofa bed. When the sofa bed was pulled out there was no room to stand and you could not even pull the chair out from underneath the desk. The worse part was that the sofa bed was so narrow that my daughter would not have enough space to sleep without constantly banging her arm. I went to the front desk to see if we could change rooms. The manager on duty said that all the rooms were the same size and she could do nothing about our situation. I ended up sleeping on the floor (there was just enough space by the door) so my daughter could get some sleep. All in all a horrible experience and I will never make the same mistake to stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms if you are claustrophobic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Düsseldorf – City North.

With regret, I recognized that you have not been satisfied with our product.
Please let me apologize ones again for any inconveniences.

I have spoken to my department heads and the Front Desk Department and forwarded your comments.

Never the less, I would be happy, if you could give us another chance to deliver excellent quality and service which is our goal at all times for all our guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you again when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf the next time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Kind regards
Holiday Inn Express Cologne-Troisdorf

K.J. Comes
Hotelmanager

Travellers are raving about these Cologne hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Maybe I'm spoiled by staying in several HIE's in the USA. But this one was not the best. Why do the rooms have AC when it never works? Why are the rooms so small? I stayed with my wife and two kids in the room and there was no place left to walk around or put down my bags. The breakfast was not what I expected, not much choice and the tables were dirty. The location is allright. Close to the autobahn with several restaurants within walking distance.
I think I'll skip this one in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms at he back face a carwash and some restaurants. This will bring some noise, especially at...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear braveman2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I apologize if our hotel fell below your expectations and are pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brooklyn
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had a very nice stay here for 2 nights. Was offered a free drink at the bar as well as free wifi in room for being a hotel member.
Free large car park
Would surely come back when in Cologne or Dusseldorf

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
nussbas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much that you took your time to share your very positive feedback. We are very glad that you felt comfortable with friendly accommodations. We appreciate your positive feedback on our room cleanliness and breakfast.
We are sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room type.Your feedback is greatly motivating for our staff. We would be very happy to welcoming you soon again at our hotel.

Ayman Moneim
Hotel Manager
Fremont, California, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked a queen bed with a sofa room but instead got a room with 2 twin beds. The price may be the same but I expected to get the room that I booked for. I only realized this when I was about to sleep so I did not bother to talk to the management. I believe that they should not have made this mistake in the first place. Also, there werent so many ac outlets for charging my cellphone or laptops. They hid most of the outlets. Breakfast was okay, typical. The rooms were clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear pinkfallacy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room you had. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C