Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$116
US$128
US$118
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspetrol stationcologne bonn airportvisiting bonnmc donaldsplace to stay overnightnear airportqueen sizeconvenience storefamily roomhotel entranceclean roomstransport linkstea bagsboiled eggstv channelspowerful showershort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My first stay in that hotel and I really liked the easy reach off it when traveling with car (as well as the free car park);
Check in was very slow and time consuming, because there have been no member of the hotel at the reception for around 10 minutes; when the girl finally came to handle the check in, she seemed over worked and stressed;
Bar area - I sat on the bar for 15 minutes and the staff did not asked if I like a drink; then they disappeared;
Internet not working to 100%; The IT guy from the hotel was helpful, but could not really solve the problem;
Room - simple but ok;
Check out - just a procedure; staff never asked "was everything ok?" or "did you like it?" (maybe they have known why)
I will definite not stay in that hotel again; it could have been better if there would have been a bit of friendliness and welcome of the staff; I felt like an intruder!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellerCN2014
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Troisdorf.

With regret, I recognized that you have not been satisfied with our service.
I have spoken to my Heads from the Front Desk Department and forwarded your comments. We will do everything to ensure that this incident never repeats.
Please let me apologize ones again for any inconveniences.

Never the less, I would be happy, if you could give us another chance to deliver excellent quality and service which is our goal at all times for all our guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you again when you visit Troisdorf the next time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Holiday Inn Express Düsseldorf – City North

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not the simple 10 minutes walk from the train station. Figure 20 minutes. Minimum. If you have any luggage at all, be prepared!! We check in as Priority Club Platinum and get a fine room. Small, but OK. We are offered a drink coupon or 200 points. We take the coupon as it had been a long day. We head straight to the bar for a drink before dinner. We are informed that there is NO ICE. OK, that's fine, I'll take a glass of white wine. Nope, no white wine. We leave and head for the best thing about Holiday Inn Troisdorf and that is Poco Loco. Poco Loco is a restaurant across the street. Great food, great drinks, Just right for a taste of the local culture. Chimichangas are incredible. The hotel is OK. Day staff and management were great, night staff, not so much. Would not stay there again as getting around is impossible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TanmanFtWorth
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Düsseldorf – City North.

With regret, I recognized that you have not been satisfied with our service.
Please let me apologize ones again for any inconveniences.

I have spoken to my department heads and the Front Desk Department and forwarded your comments. We will do everything to ensure that this incident never repeats.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Holiday Inn Express Düsseldorf – City North

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about a week in March 2014. I chose this hotel because it was near to a customer site.

Good things:
- Room was very good. Bed was comfortable. There was no noise and I could sleep well. I read in some review that non smoking room had smell of cigarette. I stayed in a non-smoking room and I did not face this problem.
- Bath room was small, but it was clean.
- Breakfast was good. They had standard continental breakfast.
- There are 4 other eating choices nearby: Poco loco (mexican - highly recommended), Subway, McDonalds and China Garden. China Garden is in fact in the same building. The other 3 are just in front of the hotel. I found this very useful in otherwise completely residential area.
- Close to highway.
- Staff was helpful. No complaints on service front.

Not so good things:
- Internet in the room was flakey and did not work for 2 days. I had to really keep on complaining until it was fixed after 2 days.
- No wireless internet in the room. Only wired. Not good for people with only ipads / phones. (Wifi is available in breakfast area). It is now almost standard to have wifi in room. This was a let down.
- Nearest train station (Spich) is about a kilometer away. Takes 10 minutes of walk + 20 mins of train to reach Cologne. I would not recommend this hotel if you have work in Cologne town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us a statement on our website to tell us about your experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Cologne-Troisdorf.

We rate critical guest comments as a very positive opportunity to make things change for the better. Once again thank you for your comments.

Only through the help of our guests, we are able to maintain the standard which we have set for ourselves and to improve.

We want to advise you, that we will implement Room WIFI in June 2014 as the latest.

Never the less, we are looking forward to welcome you again when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf the next time.

Holiday Inn Express Cologne-Troisdorf

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We received a warm welcome from Theodora on the reception desk after a very long drive from England. The double rooms have VEY narrow beds, so she quickly changed us to a twin room. The beds were very comfortable, the shower is huge and the room although smallish, was spotlessly clean and big enough for us and our luggage. The breakfast buffet contained a good variety. Highly recommended for autobahn travellers passing through the Cologne Bonn area. We felt very welcome here. As did our dog, Freddie.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussiewriter
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments and I will forward it to my Staff.

We look forward to welcome you in our hotel, when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf next time.

Best regards
K.J.Comes

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice and lovely stay. We all really like this hotel. We suugest this hotel to every one. Very clean and helping staff. Would like to stay again next time. Excellent
Service. Clean toilets. Thanks and Regards

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank M. Jamshaid A
nussbas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - Troisdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Best regards