Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The hostel was what you could expect from a serious hostel. There was space, good cleaning, big lockers, big windows and no disturbing noises during the night. Check in starts from 15.00 but if you have to leave bags or something in the hostel in the morning, you can go and leave everything in a locker room downstairs, coming back in the evening for the check in. Staff is kind and cozy. I definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Wow - thank you very much for your excellent review. It really makes us proud to get such positive feedbacks from our guests. We are especially happy that you liked our staff and the cleanliness here. Have a nice rest of your trip and see you soon again. :-)

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I had short stay one night here. We can find and reach the hotel easily within walking distance from train station.
The staffs were nice and friendly but that would be better if they give us more information when checking in like we had to make our own beds in dorm, that guests can use public space or shared kitchen

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for your great review. We usually explain on check-in the house rules as well as important things to know. Unfortunately, we apparently didn't do so when you have checked in. Sorry for that! Enjoy the rest of your trip and get home safely. :-)

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Excellently located just 5 minutes walk from the Central Station this is a good, cheap hostel.
There were great cooking facilities which most guests make use of. There were a couple of communal areas (two different dining rooms) which are great places to meet fellow travellers.
The dorms are well kept and clean and there is a secure locker per person per room and an suite.
For a cheap room for a couple of nights I would recommend this place.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for your great review. It sounds great that you liked our hostel and it's facilities. Please come and see us soon again. Best regards from Cologne! :-)

Reviewed 17 July 2018

First of all, this was my first stay at a Hostel. I visited here in February 2018, after myself and a friend missed our flights back home to England. Prior to this we were staying in the Couryard. So, finding the location of the hostel was very easy to get to. It was really cheap to stay here and to be honestly at first I was a bit anxious going to hostel because I didn't know what to expect. Can't say I was the biggest fan of the bedding, but it done the job. The bedroom door was stiff and I had to ask the cleaner to show me how to open it. It seemed I wasn't the only one who struggled as I had to let other guests into the room because they didn't know how to open the door... that was the only annoying thing really. The rooms were great, enough space and very clean. The lockers cost 1€, so be sure to have that spare. You get enough space in them too, which is good. The Wifi in the common room didn't work at all for me, but I was lucky I had mobile data. There were some board games and books available, but all in German, not so great if you don't know the language. The upstairs lounge was very comfortable and it was nice to just relax and watch a film there. It was bothering me a little that people kept opening the windows wide, granted that the weather was extremely cold. Not that I want to be cooked inside a building, but the temprature was pleasant with the windows shut. The kitchen was really great, and honestly, it was nice to be able to cook something instead of eating out. So nice that people clean there own dishes and there is enough space. There's also a space were you can donate food to others that you don't use, so we made use of that and also left some food behind for others. The staff were friendly and there was more than enough facilities and honestly, I worried for nothing. I pretty much enjoyed the stay and it was good to socialise with other visitors. I think I will stay in hostels again. Like I say, it was a good experience, wouldn't turn my nose up at returning.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you very much for your great and detailed review. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a nice hostel experience here and we hope you will be turning into a frequent hostel visitor. :-) Please come and see us soon again. Best regards from Cologne!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Staff were not friendly and did not explain anything about the hostel. I had no idea where the public spaces and bathrooms were. They also did not offer any information about the city. During my stay, the hostel was mostly occupied by families. While this wouldn't normally be a problem, these families didn’t seem to care others were also staying in the hostel. Young teens ran, yelled and blasted music all over one of the lounges. Another family took over the 8-person room I stayed in, never acknowledging me or the others. One young daughter played with her bedside light for a good hour at 1am. I was kept awake by the lights, videos on phones and talking. This was a very lonely stay for me when I thought this would be the perfect place to meet other young solo travelers.

The hostel is located in a great central location near the train station and dom. The kitchen is also quite large and nice.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. You have already gave us this review on booking.com as well. As I already said we usually get very positive feedback towards our staff. It would be really great if you could inform us about what acutally happened that you were so disappointed about our staff: info@pathpoint-cologne.de

We hope you are enjoying the rest of your trip & get home safely. Best regards from Cologne! :-)