Excelsior Hotel Ernst
US$180
  • Pool
US$104
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$126
US$96
US$106
1,333 results
All reviewshanse stubeleading hotels of the worldpiano bartrain stationthe free mini barbeautiful hotelturn down servicecologne cathedralfive star hoteljunior suitean upgraderooms are spaciousthe location is perfectin decemberchristmas marketbreakfast buffet iswithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The location is perfect, the staff is outstanding, and the rooms have the grandeur of a fine old hotel. my only complaint was the internet -- slow and expensive. you should be able to pick up a t-mobile signal, much better and much cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel, and the people who run it, are absolutely fantastic. I made a reservation and let them know I would be arriving by train for my first time in Cologne. They emailed me back letting me know they would try to get me a city view room and would pick me up directly from the train station. The morning I arrived (8am) a very nice gentleman from the hotel met me on the platform, took my bags, and walked me to the hotel. They made sure a room was available for me as soon as possible and I was in the room by 10am. The room was extremely nice, more vintage than I expected in the middle of the city, and very clean. I was only there one night, but everyone was extremely helpful (they even let me borrow a power adapter), very polite, and made me feel welcome. The only down site I can claim is that the internet was 22 Euro for 24 hours. This is higher than I expected, but there are free wifi around if you know where to look.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I can not imagine a finer hotel in Cologne. The service was spectacular and the location was superb. For a treat have diner at Hansee Stube one of the finest restaurants in Germany. If you want to treat yourself to the finer things in life then stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

It is very good hotel. I enjoyed everything. Service was perfect, rooms were spacious enough. Breakfast was very good. It will be ideal both for people coming on businness and for travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ehotel.de
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Very positive aspects:

location near the Dom and other major attractions, friendly reception,

Not so good:

wear and tear of equipment, poor service at the breakfast 510 minutes a waiter daring to ask you for your selection of hot drink), no coffee/tee devise in the room,

In conclusion:

more looking to a 4star Hotel and over ranked as a "Leading Hotel...

Disappointed, I will next month I will book another Hotel in this town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family