Ibis Koeln Am Dom
US$147
  • Pool
US$83
US$74
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$127
US$105
US$86
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationtrain travellerscologne cathedralam domaccor hotelsovernight stopfourth floormain stationrooms are basichotel is excellentcentral locationeach morningshopping areacouple of nightsshort staychristmas market
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hotel is actually part of the station and can be accessed from within the station, just to the right of the main doors out into the cathedral square there's an Ibis sign and a door to reception.You will need to press the buzzer though to gain access. Our room overlooked the cathedral, it was clean and compact (we were only staying the one night, arriving late and leaving fairly early next day). The breakfast room was on the1st floor and accessed along the same corridor as the first floor bedrooms, so would not recommend taking a room on this floor.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Excellent Location, Especially if you are catching a train as we were! Plenty of great restaurants and sights near the hotel. Room was nice and clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I just got home from a whirlwind trip to Germany. I had wanted to go to Cologne to see the cathedral and book a Germanwings "blind booking" flight out of the Cologne-Bonn airport. We were totally exhausted from travel by the time we reached the Cologne train station and were in no mood to go searching for hotels. The Ibis Koeln Am Dom located within the train station was like a beacon, since we were both about to collapse!

We walked into the lobby and rented a room for approximately $160. It was tiny, but clean, and had a double bed and a flat screen TV. The bathroom had a shower with excellent water pressure and basic toiletries. I can't comment on the quality of the toiletries, since I brought my own, but the shower was a godsend.

Internet access is free in the lobby; you have to pay if you want it in your room. Breakfast was included in our rate and was very impressive, with plenty of breads, cereals, cheeses, meats, and fruits. A coffee machine dispenses excellent brew and hot chocolate. Fruit juice is also available.

Our room faced the main square by the cathedral, which was literally next door. I did not notice any noise from the trains or the crowds, but then I was pretty exhausted. The location is excellent, especially if you're in need of a rest. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about noise, ask for a room facing away from the square.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knotheadusc
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The place was really nice, the breakfast was good. Not too expensive. The location is great for commuting by train. Within the train station building. Rate does not include breakfast and breakfast includes WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I were on our way to another destination in Germany but changed our mind as we reached Cologne, saw the entrance to the Ibis Hotel in the station so decided to book a room. We decided to stay 3 nights I think at a rate of E120 a night including breakfast. We were more than happy! Staff friendly and pleasant, room basic but clean. Don't think about cupboard space though because there isn't any. Fortunately for us we had packed a few days clothes into our small overnight case so we didnt have to open the other 2.
Centrally located and as previous reports you can't here the trains!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple