“To consider for Koln's visit”

Ibis Cologne Centrum Hotel
Ranked #59 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“To consider for Koln's visit”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It was the first time for me in Koln, for a Fair (for job) and also in order to visit this important town. I decided to stay in Ibis Centrum because the good price and also because I know Ibis style and was suitable for me. I have been very well there, just 3 metro stop from the hotel to be in the Fair (Messe) so 15 minutes not more, and only 4 stop to the centre (Dome). So really perfect for whom that want to mix job, if for Fair, and sightseeing downtown. Service was good, fast enough and the room like all the Ibis, big enough for me. Very well wi-fi free connection also in the room. There is no restaurant here but at about 100 metres 2 restaurants, one italian and one german with a good service avoid the problem where to eat especially for dinner. Breakfast as usual 10 € but according to me is too much for what they are serving. In case you go with your car internal parking service at disposal with payment. Credit card accepted.

Room Tip: High level floor at least from 3° floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Franco F
ibis-Koeln-Centrum, Geschäftsführer at Ibis Cologne Centrum Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you for your future!

With friendly regrads from cologne

i.V. Gordon Kleebaum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Today we went to Ibis to book 6 rooms. We are a mixed couple, and my fiance' is a German-speaker. When I spoke English to the person at the reception, she answered in German to my fiace'. I found this quite unkind, and hard to believe the person could not speak English fluently.
Also, this person stated there was no room availability, while there were free rooms shown in my web search. As I told this to her, the lady disappeared for 10 minutes and came back offering us the rooms, yes, but at booking prices that were higher than the on-line offer I saw. It was completely useless to go there in person.
So, today I wasted 20 minutes at the reception, and 5 minutes to write a bad review.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ibis-Koeln-Centrum, Geschäftsführer at Ibis Cologne Centrum Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear guest, please look in your private mailbox, I asked you a private request for your review. Thank you for your support - Gordon Kleebaum; Genral Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cologne hotels

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I needed a hotel for one night in Cologne before flying to Italy. Since we were arriving by train - and would be taking a train the following morning to the airport - we chose this hotel. The location is super convenient. It took less than 15 minutes to go from the train to our room. Check in was seamless and hotel staff was quite accommodating. Our room was small, but spotless. The only real negative was the noise from the square below. Overall, this is a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the square could be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
South Coast
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The first two nights of our six night European road trip were spent under canvas. Never again! It rained continuously. When we arrived in Cologne I saw the Ibis and went straight in and booked a room.
We stayed two nights. it was comfortable. It was welcoming. The staff were wonderful. Great value.
Breakfast buffet perfect. Well situated for Cologne Centre.
I can't praise them enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in one room. What can I say? Just go there and settle in.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ibis-Koeln-Centrum, Geschäftsführer at Ibis Cologne Centrum Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Hotel Guest,

Thank you for your positive rating.

We are very pleased that we were able to convince you with our guest-oriented hotel services as well as the extensive refurbishment in the public area.

The best accommodation rates you will always find on ibis.com/1449. You'll also find our attractive promotion.

Points you earn in sleep - Le Club Accor hotels. A further 10% reduction for the complete sales + a warranty rooms are available with our ibis Business Card

We are also happy to be your host in the future and look forward to your visit!

With GASTherzlichem Greeting