My husband and I were in Dusseldorf for a trade show, but found the hotels in Dusseldorf just unreasonably expensive so we ended up staying in Cologne. The hotel is a bit too far from Koln Hbf for us as we needed to catch a train to Dusseldorf everyday and by the time we come back from the trade show our legs were all too tired to walk back to the hotel. Aside from that, the hotel is friendly, modern, surprisingly spacious! (we can lay both of our open luggages down and still have room to walk). Wifi is free and fast, although it might cut you off once in a while and make you log back on again. Breakfast is really nice for a hotel its size.
Things I liked
- Clean, spacious, modern, BIG windows, plenty of storage room (if you are staying for more than 3 days), strong water pressure in the shower (very important to me).
- Grocery store, restaurants, cafe, pub, and cell phone store all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a really nice plaza near the hotel (opposite direction from the DOM) with some really nice restaurants, it a shorter walk than going to restaurants near the river & Dom.
- Staffs are friendly
Things I disliked
- Due to the nature of our visit, the hotel is a bit too far for our liking. We were there attending a trade show for 5 days and everyday was a drag to walk back to the hotel. To be fair though, if we were there on vacation, the distance would not be as much as a problem.
- Hotel was a bit hard to find, google map took us through the long route and the hotel sign is not very obvious. We did manage to find a short cut after our first night.
A pretty nice hotel for its value. I would return to the hotel as vacationer, but might have to look for something closer to Koln Hbf if attending a trade show in Dusseldorf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Santo in a quiet location, in the heart of Cologne, and walking distance to the Cathedral, has a straight forward atmosphere since its renovation, but is not lacking in warmth.The stylish rooms are fitted with parquet floors, and have high shine varnished furniture and natural stone floors in the bathrooms.The hotel in the middle of art and culture in the lively cathedral city, has the philosophy “attention as a present to the guest “.Since August 2012 all rooms at the Hotel Santo are refurbished. We are convinced to meet your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Santo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santo Hotel Cologne