Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City
Hilton Cologne(Cologne)
US$146
US$126
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$134
  • Pool
US$101
1,266 results
All reviewsprivilege roomfacing the courtyardnice hotelbathroom doorkoeln citytrain stationgood sizeminute walkfree wifireception staffon footpleasant staybusiness tripstayed here for nightspublic transportold townthe room was nice
Reviewed 3 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I reviewed this hotel probably a couple of years back. Since then, I had always avoided it but found myself staying there again last month. The hotel is undergoing a complete revamp. The room I had (4th floor, maybe called superior room) really was superior this time around. Upon asking, I was told that the rooms on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor had been renovated and those on the 1st floor were going to be soon.
The location is ok - it is a 15 minute walk to the centre of the Altstadt, even though you still have big roadworks going on outside due to the subsidence problem that caused the town archive to collapse a few years back. I would certainly stay here again - the rooms on the top floor have a balcony and are definitely worth booking if you get a good price. Perhaps it might be useful to ask for a renovated room upon check in, as - from my experience - the difference between renovated and not renovated is enormous in this hotel. I will stay here again now that I have seen the improvements made.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room - or one on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and the rooms were just about okay. We got a courtyard facing room and if somebody was loud (there seems to be a bar of sorts ) then you could hear it all through the night.
Pros :
The beds were comfortable and the room very clean
Cheap price
Location, pretty close to the cathedral and there are good restaurants on the way.
Cons :
Pathetic service, the staff couldn't care less if you stayed elsewhere
Only a single elevator, it was easier to take the stairs than wait for the elevator

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sushant N
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed there for two nights on a weekend.
Very close to the city, you can even walk.
Breakfast is good but expensive, as well as the Wi-Fi. A lot of chains are switching to free Wi-Fi, Mercure should do It too !
First day just minutes after getting into the room, someone just bumped into my room without knocking the door, no excuse.
The boring thing was that I've had to wait every time I came to the desk as there was a queue and no other colleague was visible.
Quiet rooms but keep in mind that there is a construction in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, and in particular the care and attention of the staff, they bend over backwards to help you.

The hotel is located very close to the city centre, but Cologne is extremely accessible by foot. That being said, there is a bus right outside the hotel that will take you to Dom Hauptbanhof. I have stayed here on a few occasions and would happily do so again.

The breakfast is pricy, and should be more sensibly priced - but that is my only criticism. Everything else, I cannot say enough good things about.

Room Tip: Always aim for the courtyard side, even numbers on the 3rd and 4th floor are ideal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business