“Maravilhoso!”

Neighbourhood: Ehrenfeld
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Maravilhoso!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went to Piccola pizzeria yesterday and had the most amazing meal there. It is not the typical restaurant, for instance, you make your orders on the counter and are responsible for picking up your food and bevarages. But the quality of the foo makes up for all of that! The pizza is delicious! Don't worry if you don't speak German, like us, the owner is Italian and tries to communicate in any way possible.
We loved it!!
Best pizzaria we've ever been to.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mariana F

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“One word..........Exceptional”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a place, just remember its about the food not the location. I was out with customers so when I walked in a was little disappointed when they pointed us to sit on the end of another table rather than our own table. We nearly walked out as it just looked like a canteen but staying was the best decision we made all week. The menu is all Germanso we asked the lovely owner if she would pull make us a selection of starters and main meals, she seemed very pleased and I returned to my seat with an Aperol a happy boy, the food that came out was some of the best I've ever eaten. The Antipasto was displayed in a unique way and was amazing, a mix of vegetarian and veg all on the best galic bread ever. Then came 2 risottos, fresh mushroom and a seafood a king prawn, words can not describe how good it was, a spaghetti with fresh black truffle a true luxury, the best salad with goats cheese and honey displayed like a peice of art and the final part of the mains, 2 pizza, a tomato and mozzarella and a salami and Gorgonzola, the best! Although we could not eat another thing we had to try to two desserts, Panacotta and Tiramisu....the best you will eat without fail. I'm sorry for the long review but I wanted to make sure you don't judge this place before you try the food, it's not number 3 without good reason. The food was so good and exceptional value, nothing was more than 9 euro. Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had when you take the whole experience into account. The grappa was to die for, go there you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Billybrayshaw
“This is just a suburban pizza place”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The reviews of this restaurant are very surprising. I was expecting a good Italian restaurant experience. In reality it is just a local pizza and pasta place. Sure the food is quite good but there is NO table service, you have to get your own drinks ( very few wines to choose from ) and it doesn't except credit cards!.
I am staggered this "restaurant" has rated so highly. If you are looking for a take out pizza this is a good place but for an Italian dining experience if falls way short.

• Visited October 2013
7 Thank houie
Sydney, Australia
“Great Pizza and lovely service”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I was in Cologne for a convention and after 4 days of Schnitzel, I really needed some "home" food so I looked at trip advisor and I saw this place.
You can't book but it was not a problem as we found room straight away and everything we ate was delicious.
Vegetarian Antipasti was server in a very creative way and we also had 4 pizzas and 2 bolognese fresh made tagliatelle.
Staff is very friendly and all speak Italian so I did feel at home.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Snowmirko
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great italian food.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great italian food, full of local people, also a place to rang out and be a part of the local night. Happy hours are crowded.

Visited August 2013