“Very nice hotel in great location.”
Review of Hilton Cologne

Hilton Cologne
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Cologne Hilton is a nice hotel for business or leisure travel, very conveniently located less than 5 minutes walk from the main rail station and the Dom (cathedral). I was able to walk everywhere I needed to go. The rooms are large in modern design with wood floors. My furniture was a bit tattered and there were a lot of scuff marks on the wall, but the bed was super comfy and there are functioning full black-out curtains. There is a very nice gym and the breakfast (I had to pay extra as it wasn't included) is excellent, if a bit expensive (27 Euro).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear guest,

WE just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel!

Thanks for your nice comments about your recent stay with us. Regarding the scuff marks on the wall I am happy to announce that we are planning a renovation in future.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,166)

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend in the summer, combining watching a pre-season friendly at the Rhine Energie Stadion with sightseeing. The hotel is ideally located just a minute from the main railway station (no noise from passing trains) and the Dom. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with quiet air conditioning. All expected facilities included in room and excellent service from the staff. I was taken ill during my stay and they helped me to find a hospital prepared to see me on a Sunday evening and followed up to see how I was. Goran Radanovic in particular was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback through Tripadvisor.

It is well appreciated that you felt most comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you felt ill during your stay with us but I am happy to read that you felt well cared for.

I already shared your nice comments, especially with my colleague Goran. Thank you very much!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We visited this hotel during our visit to Photokina 2012. The hotel has a perfect location, just a 5-minute walk from the main station in Cologne.
The room was really big, probably one of the biggest we slept in so far. The amenities were just wonderful as well. The first thing I noticed, though, was the fact that there is no carpet in the rooms, which gives it a very clean look.
The breakfast buffet was the best part of our stay. A great selection is offered and coffee/tea or orange juice are served at the table. There's even a chef available to prepare your egg(s) just the way you want them.
Friendly staff throughout our short stay as well.
The one reason I'm not giving out 5 stars here is the lack of complimentary wi-fi. For a hotel in this price category I would at least expect complimentary wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

That you felt most comfortable throughout your stay is a big compliment for us. I shared your positive comments with my colleagues especially our head chef and our restaurant manager regarding the breakfast they serve every day.

Regarding the wi-fi I am happy to announce you that we are working on a more costumer friendly solution for the future.

We would be more than happy to welcoming you back at our property in future.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Just 5 minutes from the train station - it cannot be better. The rooms are comfortable and tastful - even though there is really no place to leave your suitcase on a rack. The beds are comfortable and you can open the windows which was nice at night, especially as the street is very quiet at night. There was plentiful of teas and coffee in the room. The gym is large and has a lot of different equipment. The breakfast buffet was fantastic - we had such a large breakfast we didn't need any lunsh. You have to pay to use WIFI, the only issue I have - with the prices they charge it should be complimentary.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you indeed for having taken the time to write to TripAdvisor after your recent visit to our hotel and to let us have your impressions about your stay with us.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciated the room provided.
I am happy to inform you know that our senior management is working on a more customer friendly solution regarding the internet.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of always welcoming you back at the Hilton Cologne.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We spent a night at the Hilton Cologne during our honeymoon at the end of August 2012. When we arrived the check in staff were polite and very friendly, immediately congratulating us on our Wedding. We were shown up to our room (the King Duplex Suite) by a member of staff and were greeted by champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries which was a very nice touch. The room itself was perfect, large, on two floors with 2 bathrooms and very clean. The hotel is in an excellent location, next to the train station and very close to the centre of the City (the Dom Cathedral). We were so pleased we chose this hotel for the first night of our honeymoon, would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: The King Duplex suite is brilliant, perfect for a special occasion
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The2explorers28

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you very much for choosing our property as destination hotel for the first night of your honeymoon.

It is very nice to read that you enjoyed our little present which you found after checking in your room and that you were satisfied with the service provided.

Representative for the whole Team of the Hilton Cologne we wish you both all the best and would be more than happy to welcoming you back some day.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I arrived early in Cologne and went to the hotel in hopes of having a room prepared. I found that the room reserved for me wasn't ready, but the hotel staff were very helpful and found an available room for me. To my delight, I found I not only was able to check in early, but received a free upgrade. Thank you to the hotel staff for their assistance. I also found the hotel to be in an extremely central location, close to everything as I walked around this amazing city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Cologne and for let us have your feedback.

If we do have the availability we are always happy to try our very best to offer an early check in for our guests. I am happy to read that you were totally satisfied with this special service and with the friendliness and helpfulness of my colleagues.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Cologne.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

On the upper end of the Hilton chain. Location at this hotel was perfect, close enough from the Train station to walk with bags. Room was nice, clean, and new. Service was very friendly. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Even room 126 on the bottom floor had a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank James H
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Tripadvisor about your recent stay at our hotel.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciated the room provided and the central location of our hotel. Your positive comment has been shared with our team members already. Thank you very much.

We are looking forward to always welcome you back at the Hilton Cologne.