“Convenient, sort of...”
Review of Hilton Cologne

Hilton Cologne
Ranked #19 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Extremely pricey usually, but located 1 block from the central train station in Cologne. Wifi is EXTREMELY pricey at 20 euros for 24 hours unless you're gold or diamond status, and then it's free. The hotel itself is laid out a little strange, but the rooms aren't bad and the gym is pretty good. The food isn't all that great but the breakfast buffet isn't half bad. Around the corner connected to the Excelsior Hotel is a Gaffel Kolsch house if you're a beer lover!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Jarod G,

thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is much appreciated.
We were happy to have you with us and would be pleased to be your host for your next trip to Cologne.

Kind regards from Cologne,

Katharina Scherff
Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited Cologne for a 2 night stay. Hotel is 5 minutes stroll from main train station and the iconic cathedral.
Rooms were spacious and spotless. Breakfast was very well laid out with a great variety of hot and cold items served in a bright and airy dining room.
All staff were most pleasant.this was my first time at Hilton Cologne but it certainly will not be my last. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Colin B

thank you for your very nice review on Tripadvisor!
It is my absolute pleasure to read that you fully enjoyed your first stay at the Hilton Cologne!
There are hopefully more to come!
We are already looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards from Cologne,

Your Hilton Cologne Team

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As a HH platinum member, I have stayed at Hiltons all over the world. This is the nicest facility with the most impressive staff of any Hilton property I have stayed with perhaps the exception of the staff at the Key Largo Hilton. The room and bath (granted we were upgraded) were the BEST!!! I love this city and will go out of my way to return and when I do, I will DEFINITELY stay here!

Room Tip: Top floor gives you sky lights and a beautiful view and room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Jean C

thank you very much for sharing your great feedback on Tripadvisor.
To see that you fully enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Cologne makes us very proud and happy.
Your comment is a great motivation for our entire Team.
Thank you!
It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest in the near future.

All the best,

Your Hilton Cologne Team

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel was good, decent rooms, but I think there are better locations in Cologne. The Hilton is very close to the main station and the dom and not I think in the best area for tourists. Like many cities the area around the main station is a bit rough. The hotel itself was good, fairly modern rooms with comfortable beds. Housekeeping could however be better. I would stay again, but prefer other locations in Cologne if it's shopping and eating out your after

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank manchester21
Hilton_Cologne, Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear manchester21
thank you for taking the time out to post your comments, we are delighted to read that you liked our hotel.
We hope you had a safe journey back home and would be happy to welcome you back.

Best regards from Cologne,

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

As this was my first trip to Germany, I wanted to stay in the middle of the city and being an HH member the Hilton was an easy pick. I had the King Deluxe and it was a great room, large comfy bed, great bathroom to include tub and stand up shower and plenty of storage place. What really set this hotel apart from others I have stayed is the service, Guest Relations Manager Katarina should be the example Hilton's worldwide should follow! From restaurant reservations to insuring my lost luggage made it from the airport, Katarina was always there to help even when she was in vacation a few days during my stay!

Bar in hotel had great wine selection and bartenders were very nice and attentive. We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but it was packed every day so assume it was good food.

You can't beat the location, a block from the Dom, two blocks from train and a short walk to all the river front restaurants and shops! Choose Hilton you won't be disappointed, Katarina will make sure of it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DebinVA

Dear DebinVA,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback!
It was more than my pleasure to assist you with everything during your stay.
I am so happy to see that you fully enjoyed your first time in Germany and your stay with us.
Unfortunately I did not get the chance to say "goodbye" but I hope you had a safe journey back home (including all your luggage)!
Dear DebinVA, I would be more than happy to hear back from you soon to arrange your next stay at the Hilton Cologne!
All the best,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just back from a great long weekend in the beautiful city of Cologne, made better I'd say by the quality, ease and location of this hotel. From start to finish the service and standards were excellent, nothing too much trouble. A good quality room, an extra comfy bed and a brilliant location if you're arriving by train. Yes, wifi is expensive in room but why go to Cologne and sit in your room?? Breakfast is pricey too but we had the most amazing food at Bastians, 15 minutes walk away....don't miss it! All in all a top place to stay on a city break, we had a great time. Thank you

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Woody22

thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Cologne and for sharing your experiences with us and other travelers on tripadvisor.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and Cologne.
We always want our guests feel cared for, valued and respected and it is great to know that you experienced this.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Cologne in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is definitely the biggest pro of this hotel - 3 minutes walk from the dom, shopping and breweries. The room was nice a clean, although simple. Breakfast was great! large veriaty of German and Western food.
will probably come again if needed in Cologne!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Matan R

thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to see that the Hilton Cologne fully met your expectations.
It would be our pleasure to be your host for future visits in Cologne.
Best regards,