Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West
  • Pool
US$82
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Koeln Messe(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$98
US$95
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstram stopcity centreconference triplots of nice cafesbusiness hotelwell equipped gymno tea or coffee facilitiesnice hotelspoke good englishbreakfast buffet was excellentbooked a double roomfree wifiminute walkhotel is locatedrooms are cleanpublic transportationold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel for the second time and once again I enjoyed in fantastic bed. That is very important for me, because when you travel to such atractiv city as Cologne is, you don't spend to much time in sleep. Position of the hotel is not so central, but it is very good connected by publictransport with center and Lanxess Arena (that was important for me).
As well, I must alert all potential visiitors about parking in the hotel. You must pay 16 euros extra per day! I consider this as very expencive and something that will push me to think about another hote for my next visit to Cologne.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Qbura
ParkInnTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Tripadvisor- User,

Thank you for your predominantly positive review.
The daily rate for the convenient parking spaces on the hotel's property is well below the market rate for parking spaces. But there are also in compliance with the general traffic regulations, free parking spaces close to the hotel.

We would be pleased if you would take this into account when making your next booking in Cologne city.
Hope to see you soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is a fine hotel when you stay over in Cologne for a business trip. The hotel is in the center and has nice and friendly staff members. The rooms are clean and up to date. The only thing they need to work on is the WIFI internet. This is very slow and not workable for business people.

Room Tip: If you have the possibility to spent a little more money take a suite. You have more space to work (if you work as well in your room).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Tripadvisor- User,

Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson Cologne City West and your kind words regarding our hotel.
We are pleased that that we were able to impress you with our service components in our hotel.
Our WIFI is free of charge up to 512k/bits. In our Superior category, the high speed Internet is included.
Please let us know your specific wishes with your next booking. We will gladly make the appropriate reservations for you.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've stayed in this hotel with my friend from the 28th until 31st of March. We arrived to Cologne early and were allowed to check-in at 12:00 instead of waiting for 14:00/15:00 which was nice. The restaurant is very clean and people working there are friendly. I have to say that reception was extremely helpful especially Benjamin. He gave us good advices on places where to go, what to see, etc. Not to mention, that I have lost the key to my apartment in Stockholm while I was on the weekend trip and I have called the hotel and asked for advise/help.
Benjamin Kopp from the reception was SUPER helpful and somehow managed to send the key back to me!!! Great service, quick and fast respond too! I'm AMAZED!!!
I will definitely go back one day and strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We have stayed in a room 332 and it was just fine. My friend used gym and sauna, and she enjoyed it. :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ParkInnTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Dawid,

We find it fantastic and we are delighted to receive such a positive feedback from you. Benjamin also sends warm greetings and asks when you will visit next.
A small tip: we have a great new promotion planned for summer. Please visit again and you are, of course, welcome to bring friends.
Feel free to call us, we are always happy to hear your voice.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

There is a good choice of food for breakfast in a reasonable quality. The room is equiped well with a flat TV, comfortable bed (unfortunately only one pillow), workdesk etc. The bathroom is clean. unfortunately the "free" internet is useless because it is incredibly slow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Rafael S.,

It is very nice that you have taken the time to give this feedback.
You are welcome to notify our colleagues at the reception of your wishes at any time. This way we can guarantee to immediately make your stay more pleasant.
We would be pleased if you would give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Cologne city.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've spent 7 nights here on 3 separate occasions, in rooms 302, 440, and 123. It seems a very popular hotel with conferences and weekend visitors. Unfortunately that means any specific room request is usually greeted with 'we're full tonight'. The hotel is on a busy road out of the centre of town, so it's a short walk to Universitat Strasse Ubahn station which is then only two or three stops to the centre of town. Or walk in the other direction for 2 long blocks and turn left into Ehrendfelder, a nice neighbourhood with some good restaurants. The rooms are pretty standard anonymous affairs. The beds are firm (good) but I hate the duvets you get in German hotels. Even for a double bed you get two single duvets which, from Berlin to Cologne, don't seem to let your body breathe! I asked for a couple of thin blankets and used the duvet cover as a top sheet and slept much better. As in all German hotels you also get a square pillow each which also takes some getting used to. The more recently re-decorated rooms are brighter with cleaner lines. The older rooms are darker in their colour scheme and my head kept hitting the very badly located reading lamps on the headboard. The bathroom's very loud extractor kicks in once you've been in it for a couple of minutes. The TV has mostly German channels, with BBC World and CNBC and CNN I think the main English channels. The mini bar has the usual stuff but the prices aren't extortionate. The free wifi is pretty slow but you can pay for a faster connection which, if you're having the €20 breakfast, costs only €1 per day. This fact was only pointed out to me once. They have a gym and spa on the top floor which I've been to once. The spa has a steam room and a sauna and people of both persuasions tend to walk around starkers. The gym is very basic and I've only used the cross-trainer which is pretty hard work. The room service looks unbelievably expensive, but the 'restaurant' (well, a few tables outside the breakfast room) seems more reasonable although I never ate there. Breakfast is good with a great variety of fruits, yoghurts, cold meats and salads, eggs, waffles, and the usual hot items. On Sunday they even serve bubbly and breakfast until midday! The bar gets popular later at night with efficient service. On my first visit I thought I left something in my room and called them on the way to the airport. They checked and called me two days later (but I had the items with me all along), so I couldn't complain about the service. All in all a workaday hotel which is very popular, but almost certainly not for it's location!

Room Tip: rooms 01 to 15 and 37 to 41 which face the road are quite noisy, 11 to 15, although on the other side, probably are still noisy because they are at the main road end. 17 to 36 are probably best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LC42

Dear Tripadvisor- User,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is always the comments and criticisms of our guests which help us to review the various service components of our hotel and to adapt our actions and way of thinking to meet the changing general conditions should the need to do so arise.
Domenico also sends greetings and asks when you will visit next.
We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.