“Very friendly and welcoming”

Airport Garden Hotel Karsten
and 1 more site!
Airport Garden Hotel Karsten
Ranked #92 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This friendly, family-run hotel is close to the motorway, which suited us perfectly, although it's in a suburb, rather than central Cologne. Our room was bright and airy, with a balcony overlooking the garden. The place had a very comfortable and relaxing feeling to it. The proprietors were so friendly and welcoming, and made us feel really at home. Breakfast (continental style, but with eggs prepared to your preference) was served in the pretty, sunny dining room. The hotel is just off the local high street, where you can find a range of restaurants (although we liked Ristorante Antica Roma so much we went there all 3 nights of our stay!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2010

The owner and her staff makes this hotel a very nice place to stay. We arrived in car - and if you do not use the gps - it can be difficult to find as it is placed in a resident quater with one-way streets. However, when your are there you feel at home.
The owner, Mrs. Frieden gave us excellent, practical advice on buses, trams and S-Bahn connections to airport and to visit Cologne and the next morning she took us to the airport in the shuttle-bus. Thanks for your excellent service and nice approach.
The hotel is not new, but things function, rooms are well equipped and the breakfast buffet is excellent (including fruit).
For a stayover between flights and if you accept not to live just under the Köllner Dom this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We stayed at the Karsten for one night in July 2008, and when we then decided to come to Cologne for the Xmas markets (6 of them) in December 2009 there was no doubt, We WOULD be stopping here again! We didn't use the Airport shuttle service as we took our car, (free parking) we did use the free wireless internet (ask at the desk for an access code) We did love the Breakfast every day, (What a spread). We did use the park-and-ride train station 1 mile away to get into the City, 2E40 for about 10 miles, very quick and clean trains. Anna and her staff genuinely enjoy running this hotel and it shows in everything they do. B&B only, but they are surrounded by restaurants of most types.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Beautiful and clean rooms. Very nice servise and delicious breakfast. Wireless internet connection is another positive asspect. The only minus in that hotel is a far distance from center of Cologne but thanks to train and bus connection it's not so bad to get even on trades :=))

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2009

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport for an overnight stay. We arrived late about 11pm when the reception was closed but had been given a key code in advance to allow us into the hotel. The owner was expecting us however and was waiting up to welcome us! He had a great sense of humour and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were huge with a mini bar and cooker etc like an apartment. The bathroom was spotless!! In the morning we were amazed by the wonderful breakfast, scrambled eggs and bacon cooked freshly for us, and the usual continental buffet with cheeses, meats, fruits, etc. It was a shame we didnt have longer to stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stayed here for one night in October. Arrived via train to the Cologne airport and called the hotel for a pickup. I had advised them prior to my arrival that I was coming and when I called they asked where I had been as I arrived a little late. I love that they were expecting me! They arrived within 6 minutes to pick me up at the designated pickup point. The drive to the hotel is approx 5-6 minutes. The hotel is in a residential area. I was meeting a friend for dinner downtown so I can not speak about the local availability of restaurants, etc. But, my room was fantastic. Small balcony, kitchenette, great bed, etc. The hotel has an atrium and garden that is lovely in the morning. Also, one of the best breakfasts I had on my trip. Loved the personal attention. I will stay here again for sure when I am in Cologne!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I picked this hotel because it was close and convenient to the airport and had a great price. I was so happy that I did - it was clean, quiet, the owner extremely pleasant and helpful. I arrived mid afternoon and was directed to various restaurants within walking distance. In the morning breakfast was continental style in the dining room but eggs were brought made to order. I also found the check-in / out process to be very efficient. Altogether I was thrilled and would definitely stay again if I was leaving from Koln.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)