“Great hotel on the river”

Hyatt Regency Cologne
Ranked #3 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 15 February 2008

Excellent hotel with a great view of the river plus river traffic is interesting and the cathedral....excellent dining in walking difference..outdoor bar on the river cant be beat..

• Stayed: April 2007
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Cologne

Reviewed 20 January 2008

This is a great hotel and great city to stay. The location is spot on with a fantastic view of the dom. A 5 minute walk across the bridge over the rhine and you are right in the heart of cologne which is great. The hotel is great value at the right times and facilities are great. All in all i cant see how you could stay anywhere better in cologne even the view of the hotel from the other side of the river is amazing. The only way i would stay in another hotel in cologne is if hyatt was not available and even then i would probably go when it was. Cologne has a great night life at the weekends for all ages with restaurants and bars overlooking the rhine and more lively places for young people in town all within 5-15 mins walk from hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank chip1784
Reviewed 19 December 2007

Long story short !
Rooms are great, with huge bathrooms. Get a room with view to the Rhine River and the cathedral.
Service is brilliant, and multi lingual !
The location was my biggest concern and it turned out to be no problem at all.
Breakfast is outstanding, dont miss it.
Only thing that annoyed me was that room service knocked and entered at 9 AM though I had my "Do no disturb" on the door. I know this is nothing to complain about, but I work very late nights so quiet mornings are essential.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank tourmngr
Reviewed 3 October 2007

I was lucky enough to get a 3 day voucher for this hotel through my credit card rewards program. We stayed during late September, I can't say enough good things about my experience. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted warmly. The check in process was quick and painless.

Rooms were clean and good-sized. Many European hotels I've stayed at tend to be on the small side. Our room had a partial view of the Rhine and cathedrals which was beautiful at night. Bathroom was also a nice size, with a separate tub and glass shower.

They provide complimentary water and apples each day, and cookies (on request). There are also bath robes and slippers in the room. My only criticism is the lack of free internet.

Concierge services are available 24hrs, and I would highly recommend seeking them out. We got a free map and city guide which was extremely helpful. Ratna, one of the front desk associates, gave us great restaurant recommendations.

Be sure to try Peters Brauhaus and Fruh Dom - both are affordable and the food and beer are excellent.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mp0206
Reviewed 10 September 2007

Everything about this hotel is excellent. The room was immaculate, and every member of staff was polite, helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. Check in was easy and fast, and all the meals we took in the hotel restaurant were very good.

A really great place to stay in Cologne.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cherry00
Reviewed 7 September 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt in Cologne at the end of August for 3 nights to attend a trade show.

In recent years we had stayed at other good hotels in Cologne, but the Hyatt pushes the others aside. THIS HOTEL IS STUNNING! The staff are brilliant, the rooms fantastic, the facilities superb and the level of service quite outstanding.

I have stayed in many great hotels around the world but the Hyatt is most definately in my top 5.

It is close to the Messe exhibition centre but also a short walk over the bridge to the shops and restaurants.

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Harveytripper
Reviewed 5 September 2007

I spent one night at the Hyatt Regency Cologne. In over two weeks of traveling in Europe, this was the only "US-style" hotel I stayed in.

The people at the hotel's front desk were just great. Their English was excellent (great for a non-German speaker like me) and they were helpful with giving us maps and instructions of how to get around.

We had a rental car and were able to park right outside of the hotel for no charge. I was a little confused because I noticed that in addition to the above-ground lot they had an underground lot, and it appeared to me there might be a charge to park there. But when I checked in they asked if I had parked outside and I said yes, and there was no charge or problem.

The room was large for a European hotel room, and the bathroom was very spacious, with a separate shower and tub. The beds were a little hard, but generally fine. The bedding looked and felt very new and was quite comfy.

Also, I didn't have a chance to check it out, but the hotel appeared to have a very lively outside bar. There were a lot of people out there who appeared to be having a lot of fun (on a Monday night, no less).

Stayed: August 2007