“Decent location, Modern and clean”

Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
Ranked #19 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of the city, fairly close to the main shopping area and the old city, within walking distance of the cathedral and the river.

It looks very modern and space age. The rooms are very white and efficient feeling, very clean. The staff is very helpful and courteous.

The rate that I paid was 89 euros back in 2009.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The location was very close to the train station (about 4 blocks total) and it felt like a very upscale business hotel. The front staff was very nice to us and got us into our room very quickly (after a very long day of traveling). She mentioned that "breakfast was in the restaurant".

When we first got into our room, I smelled something funny, but couldn't place it. We settled and went out to dinner. When we got back later that night, we figured it out. The bathroom had over-flowed with the previous stay and it was a damp/moldy. We didn't realize this until bed when we stepped in it. We were too tired to change the room. (I can't believe the maid didn't alert the front desk of this issue.)

In the morning we went down to breakfast and while we were eating we gave the waiter our room number and he came back with a bill for 44 Euros. I was a bit STUNNED!!! I thought breakfast was included! We sat there for a while, trying to eat 22 Euros worth of breakfast. I went to the front desk to tell them about our room and she said sorry, and that they would have changed the room. I explained that we were too tired, hoping she would take off breakfast for the inconvenience, but NOTHING.

I was a bit disappointed with that. We used their sauna/pool while we were there as well. It was very nice. To use the gym you have to pay about 7-9 Euros a day. The sauna was nice, as well as the pool, but the "crowd" was extremely old. I was sitting there in the sauna, minding my own business, when an 80 year old women, stark naked, comes in. While, I don't mind nudity, I usually don't like hanging out with my grandma nude so I got out of there! It cut my visit a bit short. But it's a nice facility to have when you need a break from the traveling.

It feels like a business hotel, but it's convenient location and I'd probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get breakfast INCLUDED into your rate, otherwise it's 22 Euros a person.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Within 400m of the Hauptbahnhof and Cathedral. 10 mins walk from the "old town". There is a nice small italian and indian restaurant in the adjacent street. Good gym facilities, parking is limited. There is a multistorey about 100m away, little tricky to get to the first time because of the one way. But always has space. I have stayed here about 6 times now. Reception are friendly and knowledgable. Restaurant and bar very good, not over-priced for the hotel category. Air con in the Summer is a must!
Breakfast is pay first day and second is free, reception give you a voucher when you check-in. Saves you 22 Eur.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is in a great location within 5 minutes walk to the Cathedral and close to all Museums and attractions. The rooms are clean and spacious (for European standards), with all the amentities. Air conditioning worked well, quiet, comfortable bed. The rooms are modern and well decorated. The water pressure in our room was marginal (shower) causing the temperature of the shower to vary from cold to scortching hot. We were in the 7th floor (highest). Parking is limited for the number of rooms. The hotel restaurant serves average food at a very high price (€22.00 per person for breakfast). Wi-Fi is available for a fee... the staff was friendly and multi-lingual (they speak good English). I recommend the hotel as long as the water pressure is better in lower rooms, but I don't recommend the restaurant. One can eat better food for 30 to 40% less in the surrounding restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the lower floors. We had a room in the top floor (7th) and the water pressure was ter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JRIKANESSA
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The location of this hotel is great. 5 minutes from both the train station and the cathedral but the hotel is functional rather than exceptional. My room (603) was big with a large comfy bed, had a decent shower, windows that open but there is very little to mark this hotel out from other business hotels. There were no tea/coffee making facilities which I would have expected in a four star hotel.

It has a swimming pool which was small and very hot but not too busy - there's also a sauna. Didn't try the gym as it was 9 euros (!!) a go but it looked ok. Breakfast was good - loads of choice but you'd have to eat a lot to get your moneys worth considering it cost 22 euros!

A hotel to stay in if you want a good location and don't mind the generic business type hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank beccy_marie
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Perfect service, very friendly staff, clean and comfortable room.
Restaurant La Gazetta is very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Excellent cost performance à bit too modern but very clean and new and well maintained. Rooms perfect but No coffee maker, really good for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2012