“Nice Hotel, excellent location”

Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
Ranked #26 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We came to spend a few days in Koln with the family and found that hotel very convenient, well situated, only 5 minutes from the DOM.
The rooms and bathroom were clean. At night, very quiet, so we could get a good rest after visiting the city. The pool was nice for the kids, there's also a sauna.
For sure, if we come back to Koln, without hesitation, I will choose Lindner Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank carole t

Reviewed 8 November 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Lindner Hotel Dom Koln in October. We were please with the entire experience. The hotel room was very well appointed and maintained. The staff was very professional and helpful at recommending places to eat and visit. Most importantly, the hotel was located right in the heart of Cologne (short walking distance to the cathedral), but very quiet. Our stay at the Lindner was a bit off-season, and the room rate was very competitive. We would definitely stay there again on our next visit to Cologne.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed here in August on business. Room is clean, and fitting for a four star hotel. Location is central. Most locations walkable within 15 minutes, whether it's the dome, restaurants or places for going out. Paid parking underneath the hotel. Breakfast is adequate and neat. Swimming pool very warm, also used by senior residents (living in the residential apartments next door?). Breakfast is adequate. All in all very 'neat/clean', not too personal, hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Haarlem
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The reception was friendly and efficient. The room was a good size and clean as was the bathroom. Only down side there was no coffee making facilities in the room. The bar was bright and staff friendly. Only had breakfast and there was a very selection and again very friendly staff. The situation was very close to the Cathedral and shopping area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank watercolourpainter
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Booking any hotel online, with no experience of the area can be daunting. I picked Linder Hotel Dom, for two reasons - location and location. Mostly based on Google maps, and that it wasn't miles from the train station, and yet it was far enough from the busy shops, and noisy pubs.

Yep, its a standard business hotel, with loads of professionals from banks and airlines staying there, so that shows that its reliable enough for large corporations to put their staff there.

Rooms are fairly big, with the standard bar fridge, tv etc. But no coffee or tea making facilities in the room.

Bed was very comfortable, and linen clean. Note: German hotels seem to provide 2 large single doonas/quilts/duvet on their king bed, rather than 1 king size doonas/quilts/duvet.

Room was quiet warm, and the air conditioner didn't appear to go below 20c, and turned off when the door or window was opened.

Bathroom was normal hotel size, with linen changed daily.

Staff were very helpful, especially an hour after checkout when I discovered I'd left passports in the room safe, so again thank-you for your assistance.

Would I stay there again (I always ask myself this for a hotel review) - yes! For the money, it was an excellent choice. There are other bigger names in Koln, but I think this hotel was an excellent choice for us to start or German adventure.

As for the beer - its does flow rather well when you're the only three people in the bar. But it does taste good, and at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: We were on level 2 in a non road side room, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here for two nights. The location to the central train station was good, less than 2 blocks walk away. I didn't have any problems walking there in the very early morning.
The room was clean and comfortable, with english TV channels and movies available.
The staff were OK, but not the most helpful. On my first day I asked where the nearest doctor was. The girl didn't seem to happy to help me, and more gave the impression I was bothering her; yet the hotel brochures say that if you need a doctor to ask the reception and they would be 'happy' to help.
In addition to that, when I asked one of the morning staff where the nearest ATM was her reply was a shrug of the shoulders and "maybe the train station". However, on my way there I noticed there was not only one, but two, at the end of the street. She also told me that the train to the airport would take 40 minutes; it only took 15 minutes! I recommend the staff make themselves more aware of the area and those questions that might be more commonly asked by guests.
I had a couple of meals at the restaurant at this hotel. The food was lovely, and worth the money. With regards to the drinks though, there needs to be more consistency. On the first night I was served a cocktail in a tall glass. On the second night I ordered the same drink, but it was served in a glass half its size. When I wanted it topped up with the rest of the mixer (ginger ale) they charged me extra for it! Not good enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Good locatio to cathedral and train station. Hotel staff very helpful. Room clean and quiet. We skipped the breakfast as we don't enjoy large breakfast and didn't want to spend 22euro for it. Two elevators, need to insert room key for it to work. Good security.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family