Novotel Koeln City
Hyatt Regency Cologne(Cologne)
US$172
US$164
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$133
US$105
US$86
1,429 results
All reviewschocolate museumthe riverminute walknice hotelsofa bedhotel guestsfamily roomnice stayunderground parkingstayed here for one nighttown centrepublic transportchristmas marketreception staffbusiness tripper dayold town
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located close to the river, walking distance from restaurant area. Parking (paid) is available underneath the hotel.
My room had quite a funny layout, like a big L. Desk located far away from the bed, and the small window has no curtain so that as soon the sun comes up it shines on your bed.
The shower has a curtain, which I find a bit old fashioned for such a modern looking hotel.
The room and hotel were clean and staff friendly enough
Breakfast was as you'd expect for a big hotel chain.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
hotel4you, Manager at Novotel Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Pimmetje_7,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback here. Your room was one of the bigger rooms. That was the reason that it seams like a L. For the inconvenient about the curtain we apologize. We hope you will choose our hotel again when you plan your next trip to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was clean, spacious, and the breakfast buffet was beyond our expectations. We had plenty of space and convenient for walking since river and walking path was across the street. We traveled with a group and check in was handled expeditiously.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
hotel4you, Inhaber at Novotel Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Kristin C,

thank you very much for your kind feedback here. We are happy to see, that you have had a pleasent stay with us and we hope, you will choose our hotel again when you plan your next trip to Cologne.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Your usual budget business hotel, except it was expensive and even more sparse than one would expect. The food was average to poor, the rooms were poor, the bathrooms poor, and the service was acceptable. I am confident there are better options within the same budget.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
hotel4you, Manager at Novotel Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear David W,

thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenient you got. All our rooms have the same design and style. We are very sorry that you did not like it.
If you visit Cologne again, please contact us and we will recomment you some other hotels from our company between 2 and 4 stars.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent two nights at the Novotel in Cologne, while on business. This hotel is conveniently located and easy to find. I had a rental car on this trip and parking space was ample and easily located in the basement.

Check-in process was quick and efficient. I received a room on 2nd floor and even though I was just on second floor, I hardly heard any street noise. Wireless access was fast and free. I was easily able to make VoiP calls via wireless through my entire stay.

Breakfast was just fine with a wide assortment of food. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner so I can't speak to that. The bar area was accessible and active in the evenings with dozens of guests enjoying evening drinks.

My room was clean, though the bed was a little more firm than I desired, but that's purely a taste thing. The AC worked well and kept room clean on 25C days. The bathroom was fine, though a little small.

So overall a good experience and would visit again. My only negatives about the hotel were that I needed to go to front counter to get parking ticket validated to exit. At times in morning, the check-in/check-out counter can get quite busy adding about 5 mins of time before I can get my parking ticket validated. I also was unable to find a vending machine. Maybe it was there and I missed it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hotel4you, Manager at Novotel Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear N231SD,

thank you very much for your kind feedback here. We are happy to know that you have had a pleasent stay with us. We hope to see you again in Cologne in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Late arrival so didn't dine, too late to order a proper packed breakfast, and out early so only managed to grab a couple of rolls to go, as wife running late and train for Brussels wouldn't wait.

Standard City hotel, we had a superior room which was quite spacious until you got to the bathroom which was tiny by comparison. Nothing luxurious, quite plain and Spartan. Free internet for half an hour (?) at a time if you haven't got WiFi like me. Ten minutes in the taxi from the Cathedral and the Station and across the road from the river.

Room Tip: Road outside is busy, probably need a room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hotel4you, Manager at Novotel Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear jj-the-jetsetter,

thank you very much for your feedback here at Tripadvisor. For the inconvenient you have had we apologize. But we can't understand your comment about the Wifi. This is free of charge all day long and not for only 30 minutes.

We hope you will choose us again when you come back to Cologne so that we can use our second chance.

Best regards