“In the center - great price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cologne
Das Kleine Stapelhauschen
Ranked #79 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Perfect in the center, in front of The Rhein river, in the middle of hussle and bussle and just 200 meters away from the wonderful Cathedral, with a lot of bar and great restaurant around there. The staff is really kind and helpful, and the room are really cosy, clean and warm. I would definitively choose again this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for one night during our 12 day road trip from Brussels through Germany and ending in Paris. The location could not have been better.....view of the Rhine and a lovely area to walk to many restaurants as well as the Cathedral. The hosts were very friendly and an ample breakfast was included. The room we booked was small and had a sink only (shared toilet and shower on floor) but we chose this 13th century hotel for the unique experience and were not disappointed. However, my future preference would be for a private bathroom.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Thursday night and noise was not a problem. For those with an auto, there is an under...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed for a week for business. A great homely place. Nice breakfast. Clean and tidy rooms. In the middle of old town, lots of atmosphere, but very loud on weekends. Very easy to walk to Dom and other attractions.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a quiant, family run hotel overlooking a square and the river. You enter through the bar and are warmly greeted. There is also a lovely dog, I don't know if the dog is resident or belonged to another visitor, but it gave a real family feel to the place. The building itself is 12th century I think and each room overlooking the square has a flower box on the window. The rooms were spotlessly clean with wooden floors and half timbered wobbly ceilings.

Despite the charm of the hotel, and the very high standards, for me personally, the staff were the real attraction in this place. I don't think I'd bother looking anywhere else if I went back.

It is in a pedestrianised part of the town however, so this may not be ideal for some, but I really cannot fault this place at all. A delight.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room 43. it had big windows and was high up to get a great view of the square b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed here with two friends for one night. We had rooms 4 and 6 on the second floor.
It took us about 10-15minutes to walk from Koln Hbf train station. It is situated in a prime spot facing the river in the Old Town area.
Google maps place this place up a side street which was a little confusing. In the end it was right in front of us. It is the 'pink' place when standing in the square with your back to the Rhine and it features on many postcards.
The hotel is has an original 'hansel&gretel' facade and front restaurant, lobby area. However the rooms are of a more recent construction and decor.
The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable enough. We were warm and with the double glazed windows closed the room was very quiet.
The hosts and staff are friendly and helpful.
Our room (4) had a shower and basin with an shared Toilet in the hall. Room 6 had a full ensuite.

We would happily stay here again.

Because we were catching a very late train the day of check out, they allowed us to keep the room for a half day at an additional 35Euro. Very handy but not always possible I'm sure, it was a Sunday.

Room Tip: Leave the train station at the City or Dom exit and climb the steps to pass the front of the cathedr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My friend and I found this in a guidebook and were very happy. It's about a 7 minute walk from the train station, altho I guess a cab could get you there if you have heavy luggage. Looking right out on the RHine!! I guess it is listed as a restaurant but it is also a B&B. Rooms are sparse, ours had a shower but a shared toilet in the hall. Nice, clean. Very good breakfast included with assortment of meats, cheeses, breads, yogurts, eggs. Really, everything. Free wireless internet connection downstairs. Bars right nearby, easy walk to everything. Tiny elevator, like a phone booth, going up to the rooms, or else take the spiral staircase. Very moderate price I think 55 euro per night for a double!! (in off season.) Laid back staff, dont care about hours coming and going....I recommend it.

Room Tip: The front of the B&B is noisier, the rooms "in the back" are quieter but tend to fill...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

if you are looking for a modern,clean hotels, this is not. but good for me to stay in an old style cheap hotel with breakfast. very retro, good location in front of rhein and fish market and dom, cool streets. and very nice and friendly english speaking staff and a dog!! i would stay there when i visit to Köln again.

• Stayed: July 2012