“wonderful asian vegan restaurant”

Well Being Vegetarian
Ranked #252 of 2,469 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

one of the best vegan restaurants I've ever been to - my only regret is that we only visited once so we couldn't sampl more dishes.
the food is excellently made and beautifully served, the staff is friendly and could help us out in english.
amazingly tasty and surprisingly cheap for the quality.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

this was our best vegan dinner ever, we had two generous plates of asian food, fresh vegetables with vegan meat imitation wich looked and tasted like real meat. that was the first time i coulndt eat all of my vegan meal! the best was the crispy "duck" made of seitan, sooo good!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The restaurant was in a nice street, in a nice area. The place has a very small 'footprint' from the outside, but is bigger than expected from the inside. When we sat down it was still fairly empty, but quickly the restaurant was filled both by people who had and who had not reserved a table. It was a busier place than we expected, but certainly not unpleasantly so. The interior would best be described as simple or sober; not a memorable place by any means but comfortable enough. The waitress that helped us was friendly, but was not very helpful in guiding us through the menu; as we were unfamiliar with many on the names of the dishes on the menu, and the fact that there was no English menu available (this later proved to be wrong), we asked her for a description of one or two dishes on the menu. She did not know what on earth the dishes were, justified this by stating that it was her second day on the job, and then asked her superior to come over to our table. He did his best at answering our questions (although seemed to get slightly impatient when we did not fully grasp his explanation), after which we made our choice. It turned out that it was not a good idea to choose this the man said, as the table would become too full (?!). We then hurried and picked something else. The food was prepared and served surprisingly quickly (which is not always a good sign). The food looked like food, nothing more nothing less; perfectly acceptable considering the fact that this is a budget restaurant. We were however very disappointed as both our dishes tasted rather bland, which I have never experienced before at an Asian-themed restaurant. We did eat all of it, as I felt uncomfortable sending it back (you know how it is). The side-dish that we also ordered was not served with the main course, and was forgotten about. After reminding them of this it was eventually served, but after we had already finished the rest. The side-dish tasted absolutely horrible, and this is coming from 2 people that eat virtually anything. The prices are quite alright, but eating here is not worth your money; you only get to spend it once and with the large amount of restaurants in this neighborhood I would not take the risk to eat here if I were you (although it is possible that the dishes we picked were just terrible examples of the otherwise good food?). All in all I think it is a shame that they dare serve the food they served, as I have very positive experiences with other vegan-Asian-restaurants that actually cost less than this even. With low prices you can get away with a cheap decor and boring presentation of the food, but serving tasty food does not need to cost a fortune.

2  Thank Fabian C
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I come here time and time again to show my meat eating friends and visitors amazing vegan food and it never fails to impress. The food here is unreal - especially recommended are the spring rolls with the peanut hoisin sauce and any of the noodle soups. The broth they use here for the soups is so tasty, I could drink just it from a cup quite happily. The food is really really tasty and is really really filling which is great. The staff are so lovely and always make an effort to help or talk to you. Cannot recommend enough. So good meat eaters don't even notice the lack of meat! Absolutely delicious!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was happy to find this place after a long road to Cologne. We came by feet from city center (Dom), tired and hungry. This resto is a bit far from city center. Inside there were several small rooms, so it was quiet and not disturbing, even there were many people chating.

It was definitly our day, because on Satuday "Well Being" had a buffet. Amazing! We cound't get any word in German, but people sitting next to us explained that during the buffet, you pay only 12 euros and after you can eat as much as you wish....hehe....So lunch for two people with jasmine tea went to be 27 euros. The choice was great! There were rice, pasta, some curry, many soy meat...Everything was yummy and vegan! There was even some choice of dessert. The staff was very friendly and polite (!). I didn't see that they were tired or stressed. Hope to come back one more time ))

1  Thank Zmeika_13