All reviewsharry's barholmes place gymegg stationold townrooms are largelovely hotelthe main shopping areastar hotelpay eurosbusiness hotelironing boardwalking distancesingle duvetsunderground stationlocation is greatthe rivercorner room
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location. We were in walking distance to the chocolate factory, the cathedral, hollenzoren bridge, the aquarium and the zoo! Lots of lovely restaurants and bars around too. I would recommend the apostal restaurant and the extrablatt cafe/bar for drinks. All staff were very friendly and the rooms were immaculate. All ammenties are available. We were able to leave our bags at the hotel for the day after checking out. The bed is very wide and pillows are so comfy. Couldn't fault it in any way. We booked through www.booking.com and got two nights for only 144 euros! Well worth every penny.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I used to stay at this hotel quite often in the past. It belonged to the Intercontinental Hotel Group before.
The new Hotel Chain Membership (Dorint) seemed to have changed the service in a positive way. The check in and check out was very efficient and a convenient experience. They even had my data of the "old" days still in file, so that I didn't need to provide all detail again.
My room has been quite large and very clean too. Some of the rooms give you a great view to the Cologne Cathedral, although mine did not. You may need to ask for it during check in.

It's noteworthy that the hotel bar offers great cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere. The hotel however is also perfectly located in the city centre of Cologne, very close to Heumarkt, where you will find all kind of shopping fun as well as good restaurants and pubs.

At the moment the hotel is not easy to reach by car as there is a big construction work going on right in front of the hotel. So be advised to arrive via "Deutzer Bruecke" and Heumarkt from the east. If you arrive from the west it'll be hard to hit their car park.
Although there is construction going on, this doesn't affect the noise level inside the hotel at all. It's nice and silent everywhere.

This time I also attended meetings in their Business center, which was a pleasant experience too. Would book rooms for a conference there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed there for carnival and although fully booked they managed very well.

Rooms: extremely clean, beds are good, bathroom is modern. The rooms are nice, I guess renovated about 8 years ago but still in good shape. However first time I have seen for a while a hotelroom not equiped with a plasma screen, but thats just a detail :-)

Breakfast: Outstanding breakfast with huge choice, fresh orange juice, eggs,...Especially the choice of bread is impressive.

Fitness/Pool: You can use the fitness center next door, connected by elevator. Price is 15,20 per 24h! Well, pretty expensive but you get value for money.

Conclusion: It is called a 5* property but I would rate it 4*+ compared to Hotel Ernst or Domhotel. You will have an excellent stay, located in the city center and if you are lucky you find it even around 100€ for 2 breakfast included.

Good to know:

Rooms: request a courtyard room, noise of the street can be heavy

Parking: use the Kaufhof Parking P2, much cheaper than the hotel and only 200m away. 15€ per night.

Fitness: If you decide to go a second time to the gym within 24h you do not have to pay again the 15€ according to reception.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Dorint Hotel is 200 mt far from Heumarkt square, it's really good one; rooms are large and clean; some of them are looking directly Koln Cathedral.(more expensive).
There are also a gourmet resturant (Maulbeers), fitness &SPA ( Holmes place) and indoor pool, all those facilities of 5 star hotel.

Breakfast is high level, you can have almost evrything you like to eat.
You can also go to Harry's New York-Bar for listening live music..

Well located near to Heumarkt, subway station (200 mt), from which you can go to Central railway station or to go to Koelnmessein in 10 minutes.
I'll suggest to stay at Dorint also because price perfromance ratio is outstanding (€75 1 nigth B&B) is not bad at all, isen't it?
I'll be back my next trip to Koln area for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed here with two friends at the begining of December for the xmas markets. We arrived early so our room wasn't ready yet but they let us into our room anyway and put the 3rd bed in when we went out. They gave us a map and directions to the best markets and allowed me to try out my (bad!) German. They had forgotten to give us a 3rd set of towels but these were in the room along with a dressing gown and slippers but the time we got back from dinner. The room was spotless, spacious and comfortable -the third bed fitted in easily and didn't make us at all cramped. The hotel was very close to everything (closer than we had expected when we booked). Any time we wanted a cab it arrived within minutes and all of the staff were very helpful. The price might be a bit (and only a bit) more than some people want to pay, but the facilities and service we recieved were above our expectations. Still a fair price though.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends