“Quirky and convenient”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #16 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The savoy is very conveniently located close to Cologne/Koln main station.
Check in- easy and quite rewarding, i was upgraded to a double room from the single I had booked originally.
Room- Clean, plenty of space. It is up to date in terms of equipment and heating facilities. Hotel wifi worked very well and was easy to log into. My room didn't have much of a view but there isnt much to see around in any case. Bed was comfortable but a little short in length. Anyone over 5ft 10 inches will have their feet sticking out.
Bathroom- toilet seat cover had a couple of stains but were cleaned out upon request. Daily cleanliness was well maintained.

Room Tip: Check in staff seemed to be customer comfort oriented so ask and I'm sure they will do their bes...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
SAVOY59, Public Relations Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Feedback is a gift!
Dear Karan b,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your time in our hotel.
We appreciate your comments and are forwarding the compliments to our staff.
We hope to welcome you in Cologne soon again and look forward to have you again as our guest.

Kind regards,
Your team of the Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at the Savoy while visiting in June. It is a great location, very funky cool in the decor. The bathrooms were modern and efficient. The only complaint was that I'm not sure that I knew how to operate the air conditioning and it was a little warm. But to the hotel's defense, I didn't ask for help either. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

overall a hotel that we will never return to. they said they had a wellness centre which is just what we were looking for but really it was just a few lounge chairs and a couple of public baths. not appealing at all. then when we asked where to go for dinner they directed us somewhere which was a $15 cab ride away and when we got there the place was DEAD. where was everyone. up the other end of the city, no where near where she told us to go. the rooms are small and dark and the room we had there was a shower on one side of the room and the bathroom was on the other. really weird set op. we did get our breakfast in the morning for free though. haha. so they were too slack to check us in or out of the breakfast room, so their loss. the service we go at this hotel overall spoilt our 24hours in Colonge and wont be somewhere we head back to.

Room Tip: do go here. find somewhere closer to the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jasoooooooon
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed over New Years Eve - including dinner and party.
Party was a bit lame as people were sitting rather than dancing. Music was ok though.
Dinner was exquisite.
The room on the Paris floor was really stylish.
We enjoyed the spa very much. Steam bath, sauna, calmly decorated and comfortable rest room. A good choice of treatments (massage, facial, steam bath).
The staff overall was extremely friendly, forthcoming and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay very much.
(P.S.: you should visit the café about a 3 minute walk called Café Extrablatt - we very much enjoyed having lunch, dinner and drinks there)

Room Tip: get a floor higher up - you can see the Dom (cathedral) from high up.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Be careful in this Hotel, and try to have nothing with value or liquid money with you ...or better look for other place.
I did not sleep for 2 days as the trip was too long, I specially choose a kind of good hotel to have a rest in peace, but it was not a case in this dum hotel - while deeply sleeping someone from the personnel has enter and robbed all the money and my watch!!!!!!!!! when I waked up I see no money, and no watch, I called the police, but nothing was done just writting down what was happened!!!, the administration of the Hotel was unemotionnel, too cold...(no reaction) just reapeating the same...we will wait the police investigation.....wwhat kind of investigation that was, I do not know!!!.As my stay was prepaid, the 2days left I really did not sleep each dum noise I waked up, and I did a kind of traps in near the door!!!!!!
I believe that everyone in the hotel is involved in this kind of operation, so be carefull!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Robbed f
SAVOY77, Public Relations Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear travellers ,

Regarding the latest accusation we want you to be sure that security and safety of our guest has always been one of our top. Of course we handle any suspicion seriously and support any investigation with everything being in our power.

Kind regards,

The hotel manager.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

pricy for what it offers though good location helpful staff clean rooms / single seperate beds and old fashioned TV (one bed may not be seeing the TV as well)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This hotel was interesting in decor, very close to the train station but a little off-the-beaten-path, and overall a pretty average hotel experience. The hotel was very clean, so I'm giving it 4/5 rather than 3/5. I wouldn't stay there again, but only because I like to find hotels that really stand out as something exceptional, and I just didn't feel that this one did. The front desk was extraordinarily accommodating and helpful though, so I really think that the service of the hotel was not to blame at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business