Hotel Drei Koenige
US$104
US$93
US$86
US$76
Premiere Classe Hotel Koeln-West(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$139
US$133
  • Room Service
US$269
US$221
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I had to cancel my reservation at this hotel, for which the condition was a fee of 80% of the first night, and to which I explicitly agreed. My card was then arbitrarily billed for 100% of the first TWO nights.
Despite my numerous attempts at claiming back the overcharged amount from the hotel, I never saw the money.

A pity, as I had reviewed this hotel positively in the past, but will not be returning again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The Hotel Drei Könige am Dom is close to the main train station, and Cologne Cathedral. It also offers excellent access to the city of Cologne itself. The staff is simply marvelous, and I really enjoyed our conversations! The rooms are small by US standards, and though the carpet as other reviewers have commented on are a little old. The rooms are clean! Free Wifi! The included breakfast for a hotel of three stars is above the norm including fried eggs and soft boiled eggs as well as the usual breads, cheeses, sausage, cereal, etc... As in my other reviews I like have the breakfast with unlimited coffee! During my stay they added more tables and seating for breakfast. I would certainly stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator! I always bring earplugs so noise is typically not a problem.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel is only a few minutes away from the train station, cathedral and city centre. The rooms are fairly clean (except the carpet, which is stained). There are only 7 tables in the breakfast room, so you might have to wait until you can enjoy your breakfast. The food is ok. They serve bread rolls, toast, cereal, cheese and ham, eggs, etc. Overall I would only recommend it for a short stay (1 or 2 nights).

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

To small room for 4 persons. Close banhof and centrum

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed in a family room, four single, cheap slatted beds in a small room. It was a squeeze but what we'd expected for the price.

The hotel was clean and tidy but tatty and shoddy. Good examples being the room's carpet which was badly stained through year's of use (but was vacuumed and clean), and the room keys that had room numbers scrawled on them with Tippex. None of that really mattered but the details are always a good indication of other things.

This is a typical example of a family run hotel, run for the family rather than the guests.

An indicator of the lack of respect for guests was that when we left the room, in the morning, we had to push aside the piles of changed, dirty sheets from other rooms that were piled along the corridor and up against the exit door.

Our first indication of problems was the first morning, when mein host jokingly accused us of being paranoid Americans when we asked for batteries for the safe. Apparently batteries were too expensive and we should have worked out how to remove the cover and use the key.

After two days of being woken at 7.30am by drilling that vibrated through our room, we asked if there was anything that could be done or they had another room. The receptionist seemed well used to complaints and explained that there was train and traffic noise in the other rooms. She called across to (who we assumed to be) the owner who shrugged his shoulders and waved us away.

Later that the day, the family matriarch was on duty, calling us back when we tried to leave with their key but she was nowhere to be seen, late in the afternoon, when we returned to find the hotel locked and a well used sign hanging on the door - 'back soon'.

For the price, it's a good, convenient place to spend a couple of nights. But it's in real need of a major update and overhaul, of attitudes as much as attention to decor and detail.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family