“kind of sweet”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“kind of sweet”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

a nice candy store, nothing too interesting.
opened only at 11:00 on Monday, and even then it wasn't on time. it's nice to visit if you're walking by, but not as thrilling as we thought it would be.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Chen D

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A joyous place with amazing people”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I had read about this place before our trip and had totally forgotten about it once I arrived. After visiting the chocolate museum we walked back to the train station and while looking for a drink in a local shop we literally stumbled across the iconic candy candle. We figured a quick look wouldn't help and we were glad we did.

The moment we walked in we recognised the beautiful model scenery in the shops window made from candy. It really was something special and impressive to us as we love our quirky art and food :) the owners immediately came up to us with big smiles and wonderfully spoken English saying hello and offering us free candy to try it out. It really was like Germanys answer to Charlie and the chocolate factory in its magic. The flavours and excitement of something so simple as a piece of candy were vibrant and beautiful just like the trio in the shop.

The shop itself is beautifully clean, honest and vibrant. The colours and unique flavours of their products stand out and it truly is a gem of a shop so I had no problem handing over money for some wonderfully themed world cup candy. I had had a very depressing time for a large chunk of the trip to Köln. Frankly the cities people were rude and borderline abusive towards us both during our time and we had tried so hard to have a good time and be respectful.

To all the gang at this shop you put a rare smile on my face and made my girlfriend as welcome as me. We loved your sweets and your hospitality and warmth was beautiful. This shop alone will bring me back to this city. Combined with a magical trip to the bridge this was the highlight of the trip for me. It only lasted a few minutes but it was like a small moment of clarity in a noise filled suburb.

If you like sweets you should check these guys out. I've been to hundreds of unique food shops and stalls in my life. This was one of the best.

5 Thank Mantra L
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Demonstrations..”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lovely family run candy store in the centre of Cologne. They run demonstrations on how to make their "Vanilla Skyline Dom Candy" which is impressive, little pieces of rock with the Koln Dom impression in the middle. The demonstrations are in German however, the best part is watching them make it so it didn't really bother me. We went back and bought some candy before we left and it's the tastiest I ever had.. I recommend the cherry and banana lollies and the watermelon!

Visited February 2014