“Fantastic Ukrainian food!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Cologne, Germany
“Fantastic Ukrainian food!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I first went to Pan & Pani only last week. But if we knew it's such a wonderful place - we would go there much earlier!

The food was simply amazing! We've tried dumplings with potatoes (only mom can make better!) and so called 'Lemberg's Dinner' (meat baked with potatoes, mushrooms, cheese; served in a hot pan). As a dessert we had home-made honey cake. Portions were big enough, everything was super fresh and a presentation was also very good. Even now when I think of it - my mouth is watering! :)

Restaurant is decorated in a traditional Ukrainian style, so it creates cozy atmosphere. Location is very convenient - near Cologne's cathedral, but in a quiet side street. Prices are fair and staff is extremely friendly.

As Ukrainians we can say for sure - it's the most authentic Ukrainian place we ever been abroad. We felt like home there and we'll definitely return!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Iryna K

Cologne, Germany
“What a let down”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I had been wanting to try Pan & Pani for awhile and were looking forward to our meal there after reading the online reviews. The night we went the restaurant was completely empty, besides my husband and I there was only one other table of 2 guests. Our waiter wasn't rude but also wasn't overly friendly, he just seemed to be going through the motions. There was no personality whatsoever. We both ended up ordering the dumplings with meat. I originally ordered the dumplings with potato but was later told the potato weren't available. While the dumplings were flavourful we were both stunned by the order and presentation of our main courses. We were each brought a small bowl that held the dumplings and a side of sour cream...and that was it! There was no salad or side included. You'd think if a main course only came with dumplings the waiter would have said something or asked if we would care for any side dishes. We've been to other Ukrainian/Russian restaurants in the city and even though on other menus it just shows the dumplings as the main dish, at least you still get a side salad included with your meal. My husband and I both laughed our way through our meal because we couldn't get over what had been brought out. Needless to say, after our main course we were both still hungry so decided to order dessert. The honey cake for dessert was again flavourful but all in all, with the service we received and the small portion of our main course, sadly, we will not return to Pan & Pani.

• Visited February 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Feel like home!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am Ukranian, and was surprized how exactly "Pan & Pani" fulfilled the Ukranian atmosphere in Germany!

From the first step it is obvious that the owners put all their soul in this place. Each every detail inside - it is something to adore. And the food... it is another story. It is not easy to find a proper Ukranian cuisine, I know just several really good restaurants... But "Pan & Pani" managed this very easily. They chose the best chefs in Ukraine and brought them to Cologne. Food is always fresh and super tasty. Just like this:)

Highly recommend to attend on a regular basis!

• Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“My mouth is still watering!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

One of the best meals I've ever had! The food was fantastic! I have lived in Kiev, Ukraine and I found the food at Pan & Pani to be even more delicious than the food there! Absolutely fantastic! I would definitely return and I highly recommend the Шашлыки aka kebabs!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bonniemarley
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good way!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Back in January we arrived in Cologne, and visited to PAN&PANI, where we were in the summer of 2013 .Mфтн changed in the restaurant but luckily for us the better, adding new dishes, and napoleon was just amazing, how we learned it bakes the proprietress Pan&pani. Beer was cold and delicious we drank a lot of ! Great service! Recommend to anyone!

• Visited January 2014