“Excellent cuisune”

Neighbourhood: Neustadt-Süd
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Excellent cuisune”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am a native Russian from St. Petersburg; was in Cologne at the end of January/beginning of February for business and leisure. Came across this restaurant on February 2, 2014. Overall impression: very good. The place is small and cozy. The quality of food is very good. There are some Russian specialties in the menu that are indeed Russian and (importantly!) very well done (e.g., solyanka soup and pancakes with red caviar). The crowd was mixed: mostly Germans, but there were some Russians, too. Will definitely drop in again during the next visit.
Резюме для русскоязычных: Отличная русская кухня в Кёльне!

• Visited February 2014
7 Thank Alexander M

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cologne, Germany
“Fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I tried this restaurant for the first time but it definitely won't be the last! Not a huge restaurant but it has a very warm and welcoming feeling to it. I had the Varenyky with potato, mushroom and onion and it was outstanding! Where I grew up in Canada there were a number of Ukrainian/Polish/Russian families and these were the majority of people I hung around with growing up so of course got to eat a lot of authentic cooking and the food at Dostoevsky took me back to my childhood. My dish, which besides the Varenyky also came with a salad was very well priced at only €6,99. My husband tried the Hirschgulasch (deer goulash) and it was amazing. For desert we both had the Rote Rosa which was very nice and beautiful presented. The service we had was efficient and friendly and this is one restaurant that I would highly recommend. I know I can't wait to go back again!

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Bonnie W
Cologne, Germany
“Very good food!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We tried this restaurant having seen it advertised online.
It was a little hard to find as there are only a couple of chalk boards with the name outside (at the moment).
The restaurant is quite small and has a bar area also, and the decor is nice, in a russian style.

I had Hirschgulasch (venison) with butter spaetzle and salad - very good indeed. The venison was very tender, it just fell apart! Wonderful and tasty.
My wife had Varenyky with potato, mushroom and onion (which also came with some salad) and she enjoyed it greatly.
Our dessert was Rota Rose (cinnamon apple strips in puff pastry). Delicious!
The presentation of the dishes was very nice, especially the dessert.

The service was unobtrusive, and very friendly.

I definitely would recommend this restaurant!!!

• Visited January 2014