Cologne Marriott Hotel
Hotel Berg(Cologne)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Koeln(Cologne)
1,797 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetrain stationshort walktwo blocksold townthe riverfree wifirooms are spaciouscologne cathedralreception staffroom rateconvenient locationmain stationbusiness tripchristmas marketcity centreper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel just before Christmas 2012 when we visited Cologne to do some christmas shopping at the markets. We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We arrived at 9am in the morning and needed to check in to get rid of our bags before we went out for the day. Check in wasn't until 2pm and the room we had booked wasn't available at that time so the hotel upgraded us to a suite free of charge. The hotel staff were really friendly providing a map for us that showed all the Christmas Market locations, they directed us to some fantastic department stores. The Concierge was brilliant, he made some amazing dinner reservations for us including one on a river boat. The hotel really helped make our trip and stay there memorable as we had never been to Germany before and didn't speak an ounce of German.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at the Cologne Marriott hotel for 3 days using the weekend special rate, which worked out ridiculously cheap for the quality of the hotel. The cleanliness of the room and amenities was fantastic. The staff was warm and the hotel was ideally located near the train station.

I had an inclusive buffet breakfast as well, which was quite varied and well prepared.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I want to express my sincere appreciation for all the assistance that Tayler Schweigert provided during my stay at the Marriott. Upon checking in I discovered that I had left my passport back in the Brussels hotel safe.

Of course, it was over the weekend and overnight delivery was not available from Brussels until the next Monday. We were checking out Sunday morning and I was in a dilemma. Mr. Schweigert worked very diligently to try to locate someone to retrieve my passport that Friday evening. Unsuccessful with the usual couriers, Mr. Schweigert finally convinced a fellow employee to take on the task and my passport was delivered that night.

Mr. Schweigert is an excellent role model of what a hotel concierge should be. He arranged for the service, kept me informed when the person picked up my passport and assured me that my passport would be delivered that evening. Taking on the task, I felt confident that he could be trusted and would follow through. As a result of his actions, I relaxed and enjoyed my time in Cologne and a wonderful night's sleep at the Marriott.

Please acknowledge Mr. Schweigert outstanding performance in providing exceptional service to a Marriott guest and rewards member. I will definitely post my excellent impression of your hotel on Trip Advisor as a result of Mr. Schweigert and his co-worker, Mr. Mehmet Bayram.

Mr. Mehmet Bayram was very kind and understanding in assisting me. It was a Friday, he should have been spending time with his family but he went the "extra mile" in helping me in a difficult situation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent one night at 5 star Cologne Marriott Hotel. Once we entered the room, we regretted only booking one night. The room is very large, uber-quite, and oozes quality. We booked a twin room and had two big double beds, with plenty of space in between the beds. There is a nice TV with TV lounger, and desk with desk chair and light. They provide tea & coffee making facilities and a mini-bar fridge and safe. There is plenty of space to put your clothes if necessary. The quality of sleep was excellent, the mattress comfortable and pillows gave you ample support and were soft. We didn’t want to leave the room! The view from the room wasn’t much to write home about, but you could see the imposing twin towers of the Gothic Cathedral.

Cologne itself is an amazing city, with so much character. It is peaceful and tranquil with walks along the Rhine, and the impressive Gothic Cathedral, and a visit to the vast Kolner Zoo. It has bags of history, visiting the EL-DE Haus (Gestapo Prison) was a reminder of some of the darker days of Cologne. It has vibrancy and life, head to the old town in the night and sample a Kolsch or two at one of the brewery houses, or local public facilities and restaurants. We only touched the surface in our 24 hours or so in the city, we will definitely return. I would recommend staying at the Cologne Marriott Hotel, it was a true 5 star experience, the staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. The cleanliness was as expected top drawer, but we never sampled the food at the hotel.

Room Tip: Try get room with a view, but it really doesn't matter, you will want to spend your time in the city of Cologne anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A very well appointed hotel and excellent for extended stays. The executive suites and lounge were top notch and the staff very friendly and helpful. Located one block from the river and about four blocks from the station and Dom. Many top restaurants within walking distance. The on site restaurant has limited menu, but otherwise an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Become rewards members and pay the little extra to get the executive floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business