“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I try to stay exclusively at Marriott properties and I must say this is one of the finest I have seen. The staff was extremely nice and helpful from the check in process to the executive lounge. Rooms are spacious for European hotels! Two generously sized twin beds and a gorgeous bathroom. I had access to the Executive lounge during my stay and what a welcome delight that was. Each time we stopped by there was a wonderful selection of fruits and desserts. Breakfast was good too with eggs, baked goods and fruit.
The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk away from the Dom and the train station. Very convenient location for shopping, eating and sightseeing. A very close walk to the river and some nice shops and restaurants too. WiFi works very well throughout the hotel. I get the WiFi free, but I do believe Marriott charges regular guests for it. There was free WiFi in the lobby. Would highly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone staying in Cologne.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Good quality, modern hotel in Cologne centre. Nice breakfast room. Rooms are very quiet. Enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately elevator was under maintenance... Waiting took forever. Parking and breakfast are at par with other Cologne hotels (expensive)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nivelles, Belgium
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a nice, modern, clean hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The location is ideal for tourism in Cologne. All of the staff were helpful and pleasant. We informed them that our travelling companions were celebrating their anniversary and they treated them very well and really made them feel special. My only issue was the poor lighting in the room. I had to stand by the window to apply makeup. Also, be warned that there is construction right next door. Our stay was a Saturday night so there was no issue with noise on a Sunday morning, but I imagine it would be quite noisy on weekdays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Santa Cruz, Costa Rica
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk out of the opposite side of the train station away from the Dom. I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We spent one night in June. Comfortable room, efficient service. The gym was good. Parking over night 25 euro. And from the last century....wifi was extra at 12,5euro!
This place is ideal if you have someone else paying.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CologneMarriott, Guest Relation Supervisor at Cologne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear WebbDavid,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Cologne Marriott Hotel as your home in Cologne and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and other users on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry that you did experience some challenges with our internet. We offer free wifi for all of our guests in the lobby and in the bar area. As a Marriott Rewards Gold or Platinum member you may enjoy the benefit to use the internet free of charge during the whole stay.

We take your honest feedback very serious and I would like to thank you that you mentioned our comfortable and spacious rooms as well as our great service and the gym.

You are always welcome to contact me at any time, if you would like to discuss further about your stay or if you have any other questions or requests: mhrs.cgnmc.gr.sup1@marriotthotels.com.

I wish you all the best and I hope to welcome you again soon!

Kind regards,

The Cologne Marriott Hotel Management Team
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Located close to the main train station, on the other side from the Dom, Rhein, etc., but tucked far enough away to avoid the usual crowds that hang around the outside. Room was well appointed, including for those who expect them, a selection of supplied toiletries. There didn’t seem to be any sign of the building works mentioned in some earlier reviews. Since my package included a buffet breakfast, wasn’t put off by the list price. The staff were friendly and helpful. Didn’t have any success with the free Wi-Fi in the lobby area, but since I was on vacation, it didn’t matter.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Burl47
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

In most aspects this is a 5 star hotel. Great service everywhere. front desk, bar, restaurant, lounge. Breakfast is very good. Lounge has a great selection. Parking is convenient once you figure out where to go. Room is a bit on the small side but it includes an iron! In Europe with an iron!!
However for some reason I got horrible rest. Between the bed and pillows I just struggled. Which is rare. I will also note the shower is annoying. It is at least 50% open and the adjustable/handheld shower head can easily soak the floor. Making you think too much about how you use the shower.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SpartanGA
CologneMarriott, Guest Relation Supervisor at Cologne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear SpartanGA,

thank you very much for staying with us at the Cologne Marriott Hotel. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to review our property and to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our great service, the very good breakfast and our fabulous Executive Lounge and its great selection.

I am very sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the bedding issue as well as for the bathroom issue. Please feel free to contact the Manager on Duty at any time whilst you are on property as the Manager can action immediately and ensure a smooth and memorable stay.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person so please feel free to contact me: mhrs.cgnmc.gr.sup1@marriotthotels.com.

I wish you all the best and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind regards,