“Perfect location!”
Review of Hotel Weber

Hotel Weber
Ranked #87 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Only 4 tram stops from Anuga, quiet tree-lined street, easy walk downtown, comfortable, clean and charming with friendly, helpful staff. Truly a home away from home. They speak excellent English, too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It is just a 20 minute walk from the city centre, the staff was friendly and the continental breakfast amazing. The room I stayed in (34) is quite small, but nothing less than I needed, and the bathroom was new and very clean. I payed 89€ for a night, which is not few, but appropriate for Cologne I guess. I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to other people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Avsecken
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a much needed home away from home for us - saved our trip! When we arrived at the koln train station we had our daypack with passports, iPad, journals and more in it. NOT a good start to our stay in Cologne, and we were just about ready to give up and head back to Australia. We turned up tired and upset to the hotel at one in the morning, but were welcomed warmly and immediately felt better in our cosy, homey room with our own spotless shower and vanity, and an immaculate shared bathroom on each floor. The amazing friendly staff did their best to answer all our questions from transport to money to where to buy replacement electronic gear, and every recommendation was spot on, especially the best bierhauses in the old town! They really helped to turn our visit to Cologne around, from a miserable beginning to wishing we had a few more days to stay!! Thanks to the whole family and staff, you made a huge difference to our big Europe adventure!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 28 September 2013

First, I want to be positive: this hotel is just as beautiful in the lobby and breakfast area as the photos show it to be. It is on the same block as two fabulous grocery stores, which was such a treat. The free breakfast is very adequate. We had real eggs, kiwis, and delicious coffee. The hotel's decor is elegant.

We originally paid for four nights at this hotel, but we left after one (really, we decided to leave about one hour after we arrived). We stayed at the very beginning of July and it was about 95 degrees outside. There was no air conditioning and we were on the third floor. The windows only opened a crack. We couldn't even move in our room without sweating. You share a toilet (WC) with the entire floor. (If you are an American, you need to be aware of this, since this is not our custom and can be very unsettling.) We were on our honeymoon, so the whole situation was very inconvenient. We tried to get out of our last three nights, but the staff didn't speak English very well and we just had to pay and get out of there.

There is a shower and sink in the rooms; however, the rooms are VERY tight.

This is just not something Americans are accustomed to and I wish the hotel's website would have mentioned no air conditioning and no toilets in the rooms. It would have saved us a couple hundred of dollars.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmsgirl
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Travelling single, and on a budget, I chose this hotel with some trepidation. I couldn't have chosen better! The hotel in general and the rooms are super-clean, the furniture and fittings are modern and there is ample storage. Breakfast guarantees a good start to a day of sightseeing and the staff are helpful and welcoming.
If I was to pick fault the only comments I can possibly make are:
1. A box of tissues could be provided in the bedroom
2. More plug points in the bedroom
Hardly earth shattering problems in what is a hotel the owners can be proud of.
Other reviewers have mentioned the small size of the single rooms which is true, however they contain all I require and therefore served my purpose really well.
Should I ever visit Cologne in the future I will definitely book the Hotel Weber again

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Clive B
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was a little nervous in choosing a city center privately owned hotel for my business trip. I can however confirm that in every aspect i was very pleased. This is a family run hotel with values and customer service you would like to expect. Very good breakfast selection, clean tidy room with what seemed to be a brand new en suite. Ideally situated for public transport and bars and restaurants. The owners were particularly helpful & spoke very good English. I booked remotely and seeked reassurance via email and telephone to ensure i did have a room when i arrived - on each occasion they responded in a timely manner. For a city centre hotel, the price was very good too! I will be booking for the time Next year! - Thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very clean and a nice little room with a very good small price :). They are super friendly and try to help you if you have questions. Internet works in the room as well and is included. It is right in the middle of the City.

Room Tip: try to get a room to the backside ;-)