Altstadthotel Lowenbrau
US$144
US$106
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Koln-Mulheim(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$105
US$86
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe riverheavy luggageminutes walk awaythe ground floorrheinkeysaltstadt
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Great location, poor hotel and correct restaurant, i think there is some more good options, very dark and small place !

Restaurant is romantic but food very poor !

Rooms are to small and noiso but location next to the river is great

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ramonlluis
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I wouldnt stay here again. Stayed in room 316. Terrible damp smell in private bathroom. Noisy jazz bar and streets at rear. Noisy Workmen renovating rooms at 8 am. Dirty carpet in hallway between bedroom and bathroom due to workmen. If there was a fire = deathtrap as one way in and one way out. No lifts so if have trouble with heavy cases youll struggle. Within about 20 minutes i was pleased i was only stopping here for one night. They lock up at 3am by the way although if you ring the doorbell theyll let you in. Good location though. Near old town and walkable to cathedral and shopping area. If do decide to stay here it is out of the back of the main station and cathedral (river side), head right for 5-10 mins

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed here for 02-nights (15 & 16-Feb'13). My room was like a rat hole. Though I had requested for a single occupancy room, but when I am paying Euro 51 per night, I atleast expect to be able to stretch my hands without touching the walls. The website says very close to the Cathedral, but in fact its a 15-minute walk ,and should you have luggage its more painful.
Website is completely misleading. When I went for breakfast on the morning of 16-Feb'13, there were no boiled eggs available in the container. When I pointed this out, I was answered in a high handed manner "finished", as if he had to lay eggs to get me one. I met only one person (a waiter) who could speak fair English. Rest were all sign language stuff and broken English. If this hotel is not for English speaking people, then they should make that clear.
I felt cheated.
Will never come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost. You have a wide choice for hotels in Cologne
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The mistake we made is that we didnt know it was Carneval. I mailed with the hotel several times to cancel the booking or to change dates, but nothing was possible. So we did go. When we arrived it turned out that the money was already withdraw from my creditcard. The room was ok but nothing fancy at all, totally not worth the 135 euro we payed for one night without breakast.
At nine in the evening we came back to the hotel and we were SHOCKED! The hotel has a restaurant downstairs that turned into a club! People were drinking, smoking and dancing everywhere and the music was extremely loud. We almost couldnt get into our room, it was like reaching a bar in a disco club at midnight.
Untill 4 am there was music with a very loud beat, like you were sleeping in a house with a big party downstairs.
The next day we saw the staff of the hotel and they didnt even apologise. Then in the evening the whole thing started again, we had to push ourselves trough the crowds to get into our hotelroom!!
We are a young couple so we can take some noise but this was totally not normal. We understood that it was Carneval but why would you give such a disco party in your hotel??
And the thing was that I coulndt get any money back because I'd already paid...

• Stayed: February 2013