See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very welcoming reception, nice and clean hotel, decent sized rooms, comfy bed, close to public transport, freshly baked bread at breakfast, friendly service.

I found it a bit expensive at €68 per night but then again I did book it very last minute

Room Tip: get a room at the back because opposite the front is a huge church with an active bell tower
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Several reviewers have mentioned a problem with the curtains - that they don't block light.
Each room at Hotel Geisler is equipped with external shades that block out virtually all light.
Look to the side of your window and you will find a strap stretched the height of the window.
If you release that strap, the external shade will lower. Pull to raise.
gute Nacht!

Room Tip: Great views from the 4th floor!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Only 10 minutes from the airport, and an 8 minute walk to the commuter rail line into Cologne. We booked here, as I was attending a concert at the nearby Eltzof hall. It was clean, reasonably priced, and the included breakfast, hot, with a good selection of breads, yogurt, scones, cheese,and so forth. It had a bakery attached so you could take away something for lunch.
The rooms were of a decent size and the bathroom, recently renovated, with room for two to get ready. Our room faced a main street, but it was not noisy. The staff spoke limited English, but recruited one of the gals in the office to assist us. The were very courteous. The price most reasonable. And, would go there again, always a ringing endorsement

Room Tip: Location in the suburbs is cost effective, and only a 20 min train ride into Cologne main train station.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Britishcanadianeh
Reviewed 9 December 2012

OK, so if you want five star accommodation then try somewhere else. However if you want a clean, easily accessible place then this is fine. Nice, helpful staff, good breakfast. Only downsides were the curtains which may as well not have been there as they didn't stop any light coming through, and the Internet which kept dropping out. If this is big for you knock my review down to three stars.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This one's a bit of a mixed bag. It had a number of problems, but the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located in a beautiful area of suburban Cologne, near the underground station and a shortish taxi ride from Köln Bonn Airport. The route from the hotel to the station isn't well lit though, so I felt uncomfortable walking back to the hotel in the dark.

The day receptionist was very friendly and helpful. She let me check in early in the morning, and gave me advice about the area.

The room was charming and the hotel had its own garden area where guests could sit at outdoor tables. The curtains were a bit odd, though - they were that style with the holes in, and I couldn't find anything that was supposed to go over the top of them. So I'm not sure how you're supposed to sleep once it gets light, especially in the summer when it gets light early.

There was wifi available but it didn't work on my computer. The day receptionist did her best to help me, though, and told me how to get to a cheap internet cafe nearby.

Their computer also wouldn't take my credit card (which was working everywhere else). The night/early morning receptionist was good about it, though. He took my address so that he could send an invoice to me to pay later, but this never arrived, so I'm assuming they decided to waive my room charges. I'm ranking "value" based on the price I was quoted at the time of booking, which was a bit steep for what you're getting.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo