“STAY AWAY BED BUGS”
Review of Hotel DomBlick

Hotel DomBlick
Ranked #117 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 9 September 2012

THIS HOTEL HAD US COVERED IN BED BUGS. we moved rooms. and got bitten again. and the silly hotel woman did not apologise and said that it is our fault we got bit again because we probably moved them from one room to another! we shouldnt be bitten by bed bugs in the first place! unbelievable response!!!! i had to take my friend to the doctors straight after we left this hole because her bites were so bad.

after asking and arguing, in the end they gave us 20 euros back. thanks a lot. on top of it, bed bugs spread so easily that they have no spread from hotel domblick to my own home. i now have to call and pay for an exterminator. and wash and wipe EVERYTHING i have over and over. even this laptop that i'm writing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE.

Room Tip: heres a tip, dont go here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank james187
There are newer reviews for Hotel DomBlick

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Were staying there from 27 April till 4 May and all were quite good except for wi-fi. It wasnt working almost all time. But even so we were at hotel just at night and almost all day were sightseeing even those less hours were without internet.
As for the hotel its nice, clean and comfy. Breakfast was good, theer are always two kinds of omelette and fried sausages, several types of cereal and juice and always fresh vegetables and fruits.
Rooms are quite small but was enough for us and there is an old hairdryer in bathroom. We were on third floor and view is quite nice since window is pretty big and you can open it all. I loved that there were some birds singing every morning from opposite side of this building as i understood. So felt like you in the somewheer in the forest.
In the bathroom there is very cold stone floor so we regreted not having any slippers with us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was very pleased with this place. The staff were friendly. The hotel was very clean.

I was in room 52 on the top floor. It was small, but cozy. It had a slanted sealing, which cut into the space. But, I'm a pretty large guy, and I felt that I had enough room despite this. The bed was comfortable. It was pretty quiet. The internet worked great. I was surprised that it worked so well given that I was on the top floor.

There was a nice breakfast in the basement. The dining area was very clean and comfortable. The food was good. The selection was good. The service was friendly.

The location was perfect, as far as I was concerned. Very close to the main train station, which had a ton of stores and restaurants. The Cathedral was just on the other side of the train station, maybe a 5 minute walk. The street the hotel is on was quiet, with several other small hotels surrounding it.

All in all, I would definitely go back here and would recommend it to solo travelers. It isn't the kind of hotel you hang around in for the day. It's a good place to sleep and rest.

Room Tip: I was very happy with room number 52. However, it only fits one person comfortably. It faced the bac...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank chearn73
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We booked a triple room and were surprised to discover two beds and a kind of hard sofa (without a mattress) where it was impossible to sleep without getting a back injury. We made a complaint but the staff gave us an old blanket as a mattress and totally ignored us. Besides, there were not blinds and curtains were very thin, so the room was totally light up at six in the morning. I would definitely advice against this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Highly Recommend Room #18 - Very clean room. Bathroom had lots of amenities - granite tile floor, bathroom fan, shampoo, soap, hair dryer, nice hot shower, extra towels, and bath mat. Two twin beds, perfect if traveling with a friend. Quiet street. Breakfast offered a nice of variety of breads, fresh fruit and vegetables, yogurt, cheeses and meats, eggs, sausages, fruit juices, tea and coffee. An Internet cafe is down the street (very cheap). Staff was very friendly and helpful. You MUST PAY IN CASH (euros). The hotel does not take a credit card, unless it's for a large party. There is FREE parking along the street, however, you must move your car before 8 a.m. on weekdays (Mon - Fri). There are only 6 parking spaces available through the hotel. Hotel is within walking distance of the Cologne Cathedral.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Very basic no frills hotel. Reasonably clean but not pristine.
Shower good and hot. Room quite noisy due to night time washing machine (Room 6)
I expected more for 75 euros a night: No bar, no lounge. Breakfast was OK. Stafff fairly friendly but I can't recommend this hotel to others. If you can't find anywhere else it's OK but I will try to find something better next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2010

This hotel is very run down, my room was very smelly and stale. The Free Wifi was a joke and was very slow whilst it worked. My access to Wifi was cut short after about an hour and I was only browsing. I politely asked about my access only to be told I had used too much and no more was allowed. The receptionist was rude and waved me off like I was a pest. In the morning I had what I assume was bed bug bites. I moved down the road, litterally 50 metres to Domspitzen and payed 5 Euro more for a nicer room. The staff there are fantastic.... Unfortunately DomBlick was a bad experience and I'm not fussy to please.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo