“Best (and biggest!) schnitzel I've ever had!”

Gaststaette Bei Oma Kleinmann
Ranked #4 of 2,432 Restaurants in Cologne
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Diner, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Lier, Belgium
“Best (and biggest!) schnitzel I've ever had!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

When we first walked by this place me and my friend thought 'man this looks shabby!'. The next day we looked for a good restaurant on Tripadvisor and since the reviews were so good (and Tripadvisor is always right) we decided to give it a try. Best decision ever! The schnitzels are HUGE and excellent, the roasted potatoes were also amazing and the salad was really good. Great value for money!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cologne, Germany
“Best Schnitzels and awesome service!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My friend and I went searching for traditional German food with good vegetarian options. My schnitzel was AHmazing. First of all, all dishes come with a nice portioned salas with green beans and sauerkraut mini sides (on the same plate), my schnitzel was HUGE, it came with my sauce on the side, lemon wedges and a small pot of mayo (depends on the sauce you choose), it was placed on top of delicious fries. My friend had a veggie schnitzel which was algo huge, and it was a cheese schnitzel that was breaded and fried. I loved the place, the service was amazing (we got there pretty late and the waiter held the kitchen open while we asked about the different sauces). I would highly recommend this place, since its really good and it's a good value for your money.

“True Schnitzel”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I went to Bei Oma Kleinmann on our first day in Cologne. It is really worth visiting. I ordered the pork version and my husband got the real deal - the veal version (schnitzel is traditionally made from veal).
I got chips and my husband got their fried potatoes which I think have a bit of vinegar in it. It's very tasty.

I like the restaurant, and I like the area around the restaurant. I suggest you go early (we went really early at 5:30 pm). If you are not staying around that area, it is worth making a trip to that area, have an early dinner, then go to one of the bars in the area or walk around that area - that would make a lovely evening.

And no I couldn't finish my food - I wonder if I can order the child size?

Melbourne, Australia
“Schnitzel bigger than head, im happy”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

My partner and I hadn't eaten all day and ended up getting here around 6.. Wise choice, within half an hour people were waiting for a table. I ordered mushroom sauce schnitzel and he ordered two egg schnitzel, both were quite tasty. The schnitzels were actually bigger than the plate, on top of a mound of chips. Being so hungry we managed to polish off our meals but i suspect if we had eaten anything prior it wouldntve been possible. Schnitz were available in either pork or beef, just wish veal was an option as authentic schnitzels are veal! Our meals + 2 kolsch came to something like 33€ which was reasonable considering the schnitzel was bigger than my head. If youre a on a budget and want one nice meal out when in cologne make sure its here. English menus are available too.
Polite and observant staff

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank maow2593
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very good value for money, was shocked at how big the schnitzel were considering it was not very expensive. Variety of fillings. Partner had the one with ham and cheese which is simple but very tasty, and I had one with mushroom sauce, which is one of the best I have ever had. Highly recommend this place

• Visited December 2012