“Amazing food for very fair prices”
Review of Montanara

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neustadt-Nord
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ok, so I am a sucker for truffles. No restaurant I have ever been to is the generous in applying those on their dishes - even on pasta and pizza. My italian friends keep wanting to come back - also a good sign! Value and quality, service (ask for Janni) - all excellent!

1  Thank tvonruex

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Family and I stopped by for a mid afternoon lunch and we loved this place. We really appreciated the fact the menu was also written in English, and some of the waiters spoke English. I had Spaghetti Bolognese and my wife and child split a pizza. The spaghetti and sauce was very good with a large portion. The pizza had a very light crust that was not soaked in grease whatsoever. The main meal was preceded by bread and olive oil. Prices were middle of the road and very reasonable for the quality of the food and environment. We would definitely eat there again, so if you're in the neighborhood, give it a try, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I was taken here for a quick lunch and enjoyed it so much I went back for dinner. I enjoyed the very tasty food and warm service (they are genuine Italians after all) so much I went back again the same week and guess what I`m going back tonight. Fantastic food at a reasonable price, what more could you ask for. Oh, complimentary Grappa. I`ve had Wild Boar pappardelle, Seafood linguini, Carbonara and Strawberry lasagne (made with crepe instead of pasta) WOW.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We went for a meal on a Tuesday evening and we really enjoyed it. We were just passing by, needed some food and were really pleasantly surprised as this place doesn't look as good as it is from the outside. Don't be fooled!!! The waiters were brilliant and friendly. If you don't speak German, the waiters can also speak English and Italian ( and maybe even more....) and they offered us English menus. They were super friendly and brought us som bread with yummy olive oil. The pizzas were great, we had a pizza with am and truffle oil and another with Parmesan and rocket. Both were well received. We had the house red which went down nicely after some tasty aperitifs. We finished with coffee and complimentary limocello and grappa. The bill came to 50 euros for two of us, not bad for quality pizza, wine and drinks. We would definitely recommend it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 December 2007

Yummy Italian food. Friendly service, fun atmosphere.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook