“Bad day?”

Ranked #347 of 2,485 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neustadt-Süd
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Too hot. Forgot order. Nonchalant service. Food decent but not worth 80 minute wait. Tried to compensate with side salads and melon shots. Cramped and no windows. Never again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have been looking for a place that serve original latin food in northwest westfalia, but so far, I have not found anything. I was really hoping El Inca was going to be that place, since it had really good reviews, but unfortunately it wasn't the case.
However I really liked the entrees, I had months without tasting a "yuca frita" or a ceviche. The cocktails were also very good.
I was extremely disappointed with the main dishes, and I tasted 3 of them. The service was also not good. They are far from tasting like real latin food.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

After having tried many times to find a place, I once booked a whole week ahead and was finally able to go to this restaurant with a group of friends. I was very curious to see wether the place is worth the hype and I must say, I was very pleasently surprised to see that: YES, it really is a great restaurant! You can try many different Latin American dishes, Also, all members of the staff are Latinos and can give you all the information about the food they serve. Be sure to get there hungry (since many of the dishes are quite fat and filling) and book well in advance!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Deliciousness! I went there with my husband and this was his first time trying Peruvian food and he loved it! Aji de Gallina is must try along with Chicha Morada! It's best if you make a reservation since they are always full. It's a little bit crowed but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

El Inca offers a nice variery of food from what is usually seen as mexican (fajitas, burrito, etc.) to more typical Peruvian specialties.

For my first try at El Inca, I went for a traditional tortilla (in the south American definition of the word). I can't say it was bad, but I had somehow expected something even better. It was rather simple. But I thought I would get something really different from what you get in your usual fast-food/tex-mex restaurant.

The place is well decorated and creates a nice atmosphere. The service was average. For example we were seated in the back of the restaurant - it was not easy to call someone and they would not spontaneously come to our table to check if everything was alright.

As a conclusion, El Inca is a good restaurant and it was overall an enjoyable experience. If I ever go back, I think I'll try the 100% peruvian food, not the well-known tortillas.