“A typical german working mens pub with great food!”
Review of Lommerzheim

Lommerzheim
Ranked #34 of 2,716 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Across the Hohenzollernbrücke railway bridge over the Rhine from the railway station is this delightfully old-school pub serving some of the finest pork chops around. It doesn't look much from the outside and I would think that most people would just walk on by. Inside it is well worn and the décor nothing to write home about. But it is bustling and getting a table can be a challenge. The buzz of people enjoying life and a few drinks of Kulsch (the local beer). There is a menu board on the far wall, essentially pork chops with various sides, just tell the waiter which you require. A choice of chips or kartoffeln salad. These are not your average small chops, desperate Dan would like them. Approx 8 inches across and 2 inches thick! Take a walk through the back to the toilets and peer into the kitchen through the open windows to see them cooking. Oh and they wont break the bank. Three of us had a chop each and several beers each and the bill still only came to 70 Euros so a little over £20 a head.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I went here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was everything I expected - beer on the table almost before I was seated and it was poured straight from the barrel. Before I had completed the first 'gate' of 5 beers, I ordered a Kotelett (Pork chop). It arrived within 5 minutes and was beautifully cooked. It was served with onions and chips and was huge. I recommend that one between two people would be adequate for two people but if you have an appetite like mine......... I met some interesting people (despite not speaking German) and was very pleasantly surprised by the bill - just €21 for 5 beers and the chop. I thoroughly recommend this place.

1  Thank Neal148
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

When you rock up to this little gem, first impressions are that it's too small the be the place you've read about... looks can be deceiving, it's like the tardis inside!
I can't even begin to convey how delicious the food is and very reasonably priced.
Staff and clientele are extremely friendly. The star of the show has to be the Kölsch being served out of little wooden barrels.
You must visit this place, it's amazing.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

It is soo good and so popular with locals that the wait times are already too long. Last time we had to wait almost 45 minutes.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the lommerzheim restaurant today following the TripAdvisor reviews from precios guest, I will just say it was fantastic everything you read is just true, I will strongly recommend to do a reservation in advance , we arrived without reservation few minute before the place open and it was already full with reserved tables by the time they opened, still the managed to accommodate us. The service is fast, there are not many option a in the menu but we tried the “wratburst” for the kids and the “kottelet” for the adults both of them were really good. Besides everything I have already mentioned it is walking distance from the u-Bahn station

1  Thank Miavenda