“train the staff on customer service please” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Barrock
Milan, Italy
“train the staff on customer service please”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

I travel to Dortmund once a month for business, unfortunately I don't speak German, last time I've been to Barrock was last winter and I am sure I won't go there nomore. I was trying to order a small beer and with my very poor German I said: ainz beer danke and then "but please can I have it small?"
The waitress didn't understand and started to laught at me along with the colleague, so I tried with my hands to show the small size and then again speaking in German to me and talking in German with the colleague. Then after me feeling a bit ridicoulous for the way she was laughting at me I found out she did speak english as she said to me "you are in Germany not in England, you come here and speak German!"
I mean, I even tried!! I am a flight attendant, I speak fluently Italian, Spanish, English and French. I stood up and said: since you understand English you can keep your beer" and I walked out.
The food menu is horrible anyway, only small bites and on sunday full of drunken football supporters.
Much better on EVERYTHING bar Uncle Tom wich is just around the corner.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sicedbr

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good place for beers and...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

Good place for beers and eats, very lively and crowded.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook