All reviews great hotel two sinks no air con the main train station restaurant next door minute walk tea and coffee making facilities rooms are large shopping street high street reception area good size buffet breakfast business trip signal iduna park marble tanks
Reviewed 5 February 2014

First the lobby - it is like coming into The Great Gatsbys house in a lowbudget film. Huge, false mabel, oversized furnitures, and a stairway Grace Kelly would have loved - you just get into a good mood, because it is so strange. We were there in a long weekend in February and that may explain the low price - 180 euro for 3 nights in a very, very big businessroom with a view to the city and an sofa again in The Great Gatsby-style, a flatscreen and a perfect bathroom with both shower and bathtube. Breakfast not included - parking in a garage for 13 euro pr night.
And for Dortmund, which is not the most sexy city in Germany, the hotel is perfectly situated - just where the pedestrian-street into 'Mitte' begins and just 100 meters from the very good and attractive museum for modern art 'U'.
Mitte has a lot of shops, but go the other way into Krezviertel wich is the place for students and young families - here you will find good and cheap restaurants (but remember cash, the usually don't accept credit cards - very germanish...).
So if you go to Dortmund .- and why not, the football is great! - this hotel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel Unique Dortmund Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words, regarding your stay in our Hotel Unique Novum.
We have gladly passed your positive comments to our employees and directors.
We hope to welcome you again as our guest soon.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very Nice hotel situated centrally in dortmund. Spacious rooms with all mod cons. Reception staff very helpfull. Free parking available although it will probably full by late afternoon. Excellent hotel for a football weekend in Dortmund, about a 20 min walk to the stadion.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Martin J

Dear guest,

We have gladly passed your positive comments to our employees.
We hope to welcome you again as our guest soon.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We choose this hotel for its location, price and free internet.
The hotel is old fashioned, rooms spacious but quite cold, so cant imagine how it is during the cold days.Rooms are clean, bathroom quite nice, got everything what you need, you will also get kettle upon request. Definately i will get back to this one as wont get any better for this price!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice Review.
We are delighted that you had a nice time in Dortmund.
We would be glad to welcome you again in one of our Novum Hotels.

Faithfully Yours

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is located 10 minutes away from Dortmund Hauptbahnhof on foot. They have 24 hour check out. And that is all good about it.

Hotel interior looks expensive at first glance but then I realized that it is actually tasteless and cheap. They just tried to imitate luxury. My room was standard, with an OK bed, enough space and a desk. Unfortunately, whenever I tried to open the window to let some fresh air in, I could hear the noise from some machine like compressor of fan or something. So, no sleeping with open window.

The internet connection was horrible. They say it is free but the signal was strong enough only in the main hall. There was only one spot in my room (somewhere in the middle of my bed) where the connection was strong enough to be used properly. One can imagine how hard it is to use laptop in bed.

Staff was neither very helpful nor very kind. Desk clerk rolled her eyes when she saw that I was from Serbia - I never saw that happening in any other hotel in the world no matter whether they like my country or not. There were no towels in my bathroom on my arrival, so I went downstairs to ask that very same clerk for some towels. This time she tried to convince me that I must be mistaking and that that she is certain that every room has towels. I got them only after I insisted.

I would recommend avoiding this hotel unless location is of the essence.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no good internet connection. Some rooms are exposed to noise from machines in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sstargazerr
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Unique Hotel in Dortmund for 3 nights just before Christmas after booking a good deal on easyjet holidays. The hotel itself is very conveniently located, it is a 5 minute maximum walk from the main train station so good for airport links and also very close to all the main sights and shops. We specifically went for the Christmas markets, Dortmund has the world's biggest Christmas tree and one of Germany's biggest market! The staff at the hotel are very helpful, especially when I managed to wipe the the room card after one day :). Our room was large, the bathroom (in particular the shower/bath) was excellent other than the fact that the vanity set box was empty and the free toiletries weren't great however a hairdryer was provided. There was an good selection of tv channels and the view from our window of the Dortmund 'U' building was great. The 'double bed' was typically two beds pushed together and strangely had two single duvets instead of one double but the mattress was comfortable enough. My only criticism would be there were a lot of weird banging noises which was quite strange. The room was also cleaned every day. We had breakfast included, which was continental, I don't think they offer cooked breakfast. It was of a good standard. I really liked the slightly bizarre marble decor in the foyer area, it was unique and draws attention in a good way. They had a bar with some attractive cocktail deals but we spent most of our time drinking gluhwein at the markets. The adjoined restaurant to the hotel is one of the highest rated on tripadvisor also! If I was to come to Dortmund again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We had room 305 that had a fab view of the Dortmund 'U'.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple