“One of the best places in Dusseldorf”
Review of Munstermann Kontor

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Carlstadt
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Always full, but food is amazing! Definitely worth to visit! Perfect for lunch in the center of the city. Not a touristic place

1  Thank Khrystyna P

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We went there after I read the reviews here, and was an excellent idea.
When we arrived the restaurant was full, but we waited for 20 minutes, and then we could sit. Was worth to wait!
We had a great soup, even that it was Klein portion but was more than enough.
The atmosphere and the service was very good.
Must try is the little dessert( what a great idea, that you can have a small portion)
I highly recommended this restaurant, and sure we will go back!

2  Thank VaniZsuzsi
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Bistro Kontor is a great location for lunch and dinner. It's always fully packed with people queueing up outside, because of the food, the service and the ambiance. Long tables where you sit side by side, so little privacy, but that is part of the experience. They serve their dishes in small, medium and large portions, so you can mix and match upon your appetite. Price level is good and price/quality ration is above expectations. Reservations are only possible for dinner.

1  Thank Catharina50
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Nice inventive take on food, good athmosphere. maybe the tables are a bit close together but on the other hand it is part of the charm.

1  Thank snowgod131
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I used to live in Dusseldorf & used to eat out a lot here, however it was only on my last visit that I happened to visit Kontor - I wish I'd found it sooner!
We went here on warm day at the end of summer 2012 & had a nice table in the middle of the restaurant. We were served by a very nice lady, who answered our questions patiently about the various dishes on offer.
I had a grilled chicken dish which came with a very light curry sauce & a lovely fresh salad, it was excellent in both presentation & taste.
The restaurant has a nice buzz about it, mainly catering to business lunches & 'ladies who lunch'. It's nice to see the food being cooked/prepared just behind the counter.
Price-wise, main courses were around 15-18 euros & the choice was very good indeed, matched only by the quality.
I'd definitely recommend this as a place to pop in for lunch if you're over on business or city break.
Don't forget to have a wee wander round the carlsplatz market just round the corner & then up through the altstadt.

1  Thank gogsfromscotland