“The Best Meal I have Had This Year!”
Review of Lieblings

Lieblings
Ranked #1,159 of 1,831 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadt-Mitte
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“The Best Meal I have Had This Year!”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

After spending the day at the Christmas Markets in Dusseldorf we were feeling a little hungry and not knowing anywhere in the city we took it on ourselves to ask the barman if could could recommend anywhere with good food.

He mentioned that if we leave the bar turn left we will come across "Lieblings". Off we went.

Upon entering the restaurant a friendly lady asked us if we had reservations? We said no, and she glanced around the room and spotted a 2 seater by the door. We didn't care, it wasn't too exposed as some odd tables can be. Straight away I was thinking "Wow we need reservations to get a seat...this place must be good!"

They normally have an english menu but as they just changed it, it wasn't yet completed so the German version was delivered to the table. The lady gave us a broad overview of what was on but to be honest you could kinda understand lots. We went for the soup and 1 risotto with partridge and roast pumpkin and a ravioli.

Some breads and a humus type dip was delivered to the table promptly along with our wine.

The soup was bursting with flavor and just what was needed after a day on the markets!

Between courses I took time to look around the vast space which was very warm and cosy despite the size. It had quite an urban feel akin to many a restaurant you would find in the Meat Packing District in lower Manhattan. Uber Cool.

Mains arrived and we generously sized in big beautiful crisp white bowls. My ravioli was soft almost like oysters with a beautiful filling, not to dry and a pleasant kick of chili as the end. The partridge was to die for, the roast pumpkin popped with flavour with every mouth full. Truly a delight.

Dessert was a chocolate type soufflé with cooling homemade ice cream.

I almost got up and went to congratulate the chef on an outstanding evening, but I guess everyone needed to be thanked as this well oiled restaurant works so well, front of house to the kitchen and it shows. The staff looked happy, and it was a super experience over all.

Will I go back...I would almost just visit Dusseldorf to go eat at this place! AMAZING!!

What are you waiting for? Book now!

• Visited December 2012

Berlin, Germany
“Risotto to die for!”
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I ate at Lieblings with a group of 8 friends just two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant is actually located on the ground floor of a parking garage, but don't let that put you off! Once you're inside the large collection of palms in the windows make you feel like you've escaped the hustle and bustle of downtown Dusseldorf. The menu is fairly short with a focus on vegetarian dishes - but the range of ingredients used means there was something for everyone in our group. For starters I ate a carrot, sweet ptoato & shrimp soup that was out of this world. For the main course I somehow managed to resist the temptation to order the roast beef and chose the zucchini risotto with goat cheese & mint instead - an unusual combination (especially for Germany) but very tasty indeed! Next time I go to Libelings I'll definitels try their homemade ice creams - lots of interesting flavors like basil and rhubarb!

1 Thank OnZeeEdge